RFD or Not?

I`m toying with the idea of applying for an RFD ticket ,it would be a small lockup type business dealing mainly in used rifles/shotguns and air rifles , I have many years of business experience (not in this trade) and realise that theres no easy money.
I`m happy I can satisfy the Old Bill`s requirements however I understand that local councils have to approve gun shops? having permission to retail from a premises is not enough?
I believe a few Arrsers are RFDs so views and opinions would be appreciated.

ugly

LE
I`m happy I can satisfy the Old Bill`s requirements however I understand that local councils have to approve gun shops? having permission to retail from a premises is not enough?
The council only need to be involved if its a change of licensed use.
I trade from home. I have looked at premises and the cheap and simple option is to be a "workshop" with a trade counter!;););)

Workshop eh?

I find myself in need of a detachable muzzle brake in 12 bore size.

Do you fancy a project?

Excellent, could you either have the briefest of conversations with him to see if he's interested/available or PM me with details of LOCSTAT.

ugly

LE
In reply to the OP, if you apply the FEO will ask what you intend to sell or rather why you need to trade. I stated sporting arms and ammo and produced a simple business forecast which was asked for. As it happens I have actually sold more on to dealers or acted on behalf of buyers at auctions and the rest of the time spent doing ammo development (.280 and others) with a view to doing something more interesting if I can find the money.
A friend is an RFD, he doesn't sell anything, his dealership is solely to support his work as a firearm reviewer for a couple of publications. This is acceptable to the old bill and he makes a nice sideline which compliments his other interests. He is rather well known and gets invited all over to shoot so the RFD cert is a god send as he writes the review then ships it back (if they ask), and also teaches marksmanship on his family farm.

Latest Threads