RFD needed in Guildford Area...

Sorry to say that after a series of false allegations were made against me, that were of course thrown out by the CPS, it appears that a certain police force who were in the shite for returning weapons a couple of years ago are now using any excuse to revoke certificates on a 'guilty till proved innocent' basis

The cnuts

BASC have been excellent, appointing solicitors on my behalf, but it looks like we have exhausted the avenues available, therefore I'm going to need a trustworthy RFD to collect my guns from the police, check they're not rusted to bits and either hold them until I can reapply in a years time (solicitor advises passage of time with no allegations is best thing) or alternatively sell them on to recoup what pennies I can.

Anyone able to help out?

Arrested on allegation of ABH - non domestic for what it's worth, no charges brought after several months of CPS sitting on it.

There's a whole camp full just 25 minutes up the road, Bisley I think it's called. Anyway good luck.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Even though it was proved my ex was telling fibs and the copper she was shagging got banged up, the nature of the allegations and the mental breakdown I went through over it all means I'll never, ever get a ticket.

4(T)

LE
I'd help but, ironically, my cabinets are absolutely full to capacity - about 20% being guns belonging to people who have had their certs pulled!

Its one of the unintended (or intended, depending how you view the authorities) side-effects of the current policy for Police to pull certs automatically over a wide range of circumstances - RFDs are getting clogged up with long-term stored weapons.

ugly

LE
Storage charges for a year can add up, be sure you will get these refunded.

Arrested on allegation of ABH - non domestic for what it's worth, no charges brought after several months of CPS sitting on it.
If the charges have been dropped, why aren't BASC running with the Appeal? Police can use hearsay evidence (Kavenagh) and firearm appeals are 'balance of probability' rather than 'beyond reasonable doubt' as per criminal proceedings or even the CPS test of 'realistic chance of a successful prosecution'.

If it's one case of ABH not proceeded with, why aren't they running an Appeal?

ugly

LE
To be honest, I may as well just sell and buy again if I manage to win it back in the future.
OK I'm a bit chocker at the moment but I may be able to help if no one else can, at least getting them to auction

To be honest, I may as well just sell and buy again if I manage to win it back in the future.
If they carry no sentimental value or rarity, that's probably the best option.

On the plus side. When you get your ticket back it's SHOPPING TIME

OK I'm a bit chocker at the moment but I may be able to help if no one else can, at least getting them to auction
Ugly, I've tried those I know and it seems that since Andy Allwood lost his RFD, other than Fulthiefs there aren't many options in the area. So I think that auction might be the best answer, and if you can help me out on that I am, of course, more than happy to make it worth your while - I will discuss with the solicitor on Monday where we need to go from here.

Cheers

ugly

LE
If you need them collecting from Guildford HQ and storing till delivery to auction or sale then I can help. I am also happy to inspect and offer for sale if that helps.

@ugly thanks - its really appreciated at a somewhat stressful time. I will speak to you next week after the solicitor tells me what to do

@4(T)
Tikka T3 hunter in .308, ASE mod
BSA CF2 Stutzen in .243,
CZ 455 American in .17
Ruger 10/22 stainless/laminate

@ugly thanks - its really appreciated at a somewhat stressful time. I will speak to you next week after the solicitor tells me what to do

@4(T)
Tikka T3 hunter in .308, ASE mod
BSA CF2 Stutzen in .243,
CZ 455 American in .17
Ruger 10/22 stainless/laminate
Don't sell the fookin stutzen!

I know, it risks breaking my heart to do so - first rifle I bought,

37317_404647884731_6390385_n.jpg

I guess that if I get rid of the others then I might be in a position to lodge that for a while until I reapply

That thought gives me a bit more hope for the future I suppose! :neutral:

Last edited:

Latest Threads