RFA Largs Bay to "protect" Falkland-Islands

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by RCT(V), Dec 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Copied from a thread in "Another Place", I occasionally frequent . . .

Largs Bay protects the Falklands - Ships Nostalgia

Attached Files:

2. This has been done here twice. The gist of it: the APT(S) warship is often diverted away from the South Atlantic for all sorts of reasons, leaving the security of those waters to HMS Clyde, HMS Endurance and the RFA support ship. The only reason that this was considered newsworthy by the Telegraph is probably because Northumberland has been diverted to carry out anti-piracy duties as part of an EU task force.
  3. They should have sent Largs Bay to Somalia. Any pirates climbing up the stern would be too knackered to fight by the time they walked to the forward end of the flight deck.

Either that or the OOW could just open the stern doors and swallow the buggers, boat and all.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Very true :D and if they get that far then there is about dozen flights of stairs to the bridge, so they will be on their knees by the time they ask to be let in. Until you have been on one of these you don't appreciate just how large and tall they are 8)
  5. Australia buys RFA Largs Bay for £65m - Defence Management

Attached Files:

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

why are they so fcuking dim up there - scrap a brand new ship for a fraction of the price. at least its going to a good home.

I take it they will lash a rapier battery and a few 155's to the decks to give it teeth? :)
  8. It really is depressing how much the UK forces are being butchered :(
  9. Vote Defence... Vote Tory... not
    Vote for votes, vote for Labour... Emmigrate... Australia, sounds fantastic.
  10. last man out the gate,give the keys to the eastern european security guard.
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

they got rid of the gurkha then?
  12. Young man... possibly I might be a Central European... and could we try to remember 310, 311, 312, 313 and several additional Polish squadrons that meant, imho, you could say what you said. Embankment is a good place to touch base with people who gave their future for you.

Truth is, I was BMH Hannover. Before wearing the best truly red beret in the world!
  13. you seem to have missed the fact we went to war OVER the invasion of poland,so how about the all the british that gave for poland,in case it slipped your mind we only finnished paying for that war a few years back.
    alas we are now paying the price of our EU membership,in benefits and cheap labour under cutting the labour market.
    if you listern very carefully in stratford upon avon you can hear enoch muttering in his grave.
  14. Did we really go to war?
    Were we prepared?
    Grumble Grunt is better at this than me
    I could only ever suggest that we were incapable of going to war... simply the powers that be did not believe in it...
    Except some notable exceptions, but they had no currency in the uk community.

As I understand, the UK was not able to go to war.

Paying the price for licking American arse... they weren.t always on side... Correct me if I am wrong, but America never forgot our debt unlike others. As for Enoch... The riots of blood had a lot true blues in them,,, but I could be wrong.

Take care

Born in BMH Hanover
    Born of Welsh and Cumberland stock
    Brother to English and British stock
    Son of a Brit Soldier