Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFA Deck Officer cadet entry requirements?

Hello fellas!

I am currently looking to apply for a deck officer cadetship with the RFA, but I am a bit unsure about the entry requirements. The website states the following:

"For the HND route, you’ll need GCSEs or Scottish Standard grades or equivalent in maths, English physics or dual science to grade B or higher, plus at least two other GCSEs or Scottish Standard grades or equivalent at grade C or above. If you have qualifications equivalent to at least 150 UCAS points (ideally including physics or maths (or both)), we may offer you direct entry onto the foundation degree programme."

I don't have a B in A-level maths, but I do have more than 150 UCAS points. I also have three university degrees (albeit in completely irrelevant subjects), but I am not sure if i'd be eligible?

I rang the RFA up and asked, and a lady there told me she didn't know, so I asked on the live chat where I was told that it was absolutely impossible if I didn't have at least a B in a-level maths.

I thus have three quite different answers to my question, and I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere. Any previous officer cadets (or someone else) here who could help me out?

Have you tried asking on RumRation as they have a thread for RFA and there may be more people on there who can answer?

RFA Thread

Well as an engineer I would say the only requirement needed is the ability to lick windows!

Frankly the people you will be talking to on the phone are call center people with no understanding, I was also told I couldn't be an Engine Cadet as I didn't have a standard grade 4 in French despite my engineering degree! Try to ask them for the number for the RFA recruiting cell at Captain Naval Recruiting, as when i talked to them that way they said yeas not to worry.

If you have no luck there ask here (or RUMRATION) and I or someone else might be able to help somemore.

Latest Threads