RFA ARGUS replacement - what and when?

Sail Argus down the Thames and use her like USNS Mercy and Comfort.

Or anywhere else that she can get to and needs assistance.
She is its called our protectorates in the Caribbean ready for them to get malleted by hurricanes.

Sail Argus down the Thames and use her like USNS Mercy and Comfort.

Or anywhere else that she can get to and needs assistance.
Good thing she's sailed to do exactly that isn't it?

Seadog

ADC
On a more serious note, the bun fight twixt PCRS and PCRC has been going on for at least fifteen years. There's a perfectly legit school of thought that a containerised facility (much as Argus was until 2009 (?) hosted in a Bay-class would do. There's another school of thought that says a semi-dedicated ship is required because :

a) The Bays are in heavy demand
b) A containerised facility would make escape and evacuation from the vehicle deck for stretcher cases etc e bit tricky (one reason for the current configuration in Argus)

While Argus OSD has been able to be kicked down the road every four years, no-one has had to make a decision. Now the extension is becoming ever ropier, someone's going to have to. In a climate where public spending (except the NHS) is going to have to meet real austerity.
The hospital In ARGUS was plumbed in and integral before TELIC 1. Access and Escape was upgraded in 2009 - my turn - (?).

I fully understand the term.

Are you perhaps familiar with the term Op RUMAN? as I am.
Then surely you know that Boris Johnson said about that ...
"... the people of Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands and the Turks and Caicos are British. Our obligation to them does not depend on the happenstance of geography: we will help just as surely as if the hurricane had struck Inverness or Dover or St Ives." which means you are either trolling or lying.

Then surely you know that Boris Johnson said about that ...
"... the people of Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands and the Turks and Caicos are British. Our obligation to them does not depend on the happenstance of geography: we will help just as surely as if the hurricane had struck Inverness or Dover or St Ives." which means you are either trolling or lying.
I think that you need to read the posts again.

I think that you need to read the posts again.
I read them properly the first time. You said
"Sail Argus down the Thames and use her like USNS Mercy and Comfort. Or anywhere else that she can get to and needs assistance."
Whereupon you were told that she already was, ivo British Protectorates in the Caribbean, to which you replied
"The protectorates don't pay British taxes for the NHS... or grey war canoes."

Have I missed anything?

I read them properly the first time. You said
"Sail Argus down the Thames and use her like USNS Mercy and Comfort. Or anywhere else that she can get to and needs assistance."
Whereupon you were told that she already was, ivo British Protectorates in the Caribbean, to which you replied
"The protectorates don't pay British taxes for the NHS... or grey war canoes."

Have I missed anything?
Yep.

But don't worry about it.

You're taking part, that's the main thing.

Sorry, I was wrong. I said ...

I missed the obvious. You're a fuckwit who is desperately trying, but failing, to backpedal.
No one's back pedaling, special.

It's pretty simple.

Argus will, no doubt, do great work in the Caribbean. I know I did, as did my lads. One of the perks of being in a VHR unit. But it's a bit over the horizon and out of sight of the British people.

So if you want to replace Argus use her in UK, like US hospital ships in American cities. Ie London or up and down the country to alleviate issues elsewhere. Odds on that the SNPHS will go for a Burton.

And yes, I am aware both Mercy and Comfort have been used in similar relief missions as Argus is on now.

Full disclosure, I wasn't aware she was heading West. It was a little tongue in cheek but not by much. And yes I know that the boats go where they're told to go, rather than where someone in the MoD might want to send them.

Comfort and Mercy are in trouble - poorly designed to cope with the 'vid, they've got cases onboard.

The capability they were supposed to bring to the US cities have been replicated by the Nightingale facilities in the UK - which are specifically designed for the 'vid.

Comfort and Mercy are in trouble - poorly designed to cope with the 'vid, they've got cases onboard.

The capability they were supposed to bring to the US cities have been replicated by the Nightingale facilities in the UK - which are specifically designed for the 'vid.
I read that.

Istr that viral casualties weren't to be treated on the ships, but somehow a load were sent...

Surely the Nightingale equivalents are the Javits Centre in New York and similar that have been built across the States.

Comfort’s deployment to New York was to provide a clean facility to release capacity in the city’s hospitals. A role for which she is not designed to do. Comfort and Mercy are basically giant floating trauma surgery facilities.

... But it's a bit over the horizon and out of sight of the British people.

So if you want to replace Argus use her in UK, like US hospital ships in American cities. Ie London or up and down the country to alleviate issues elsewhere...
Gesture politics.

Latest Threads