RFA 1996

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by FBW, Jan 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FBW

FBW Old-Salt

is the RFA 1996 act worth the paper its written on :?:

a friend of mine was due to got to chillwell on monday but his employer appealed against it and won the right to stop his call out

his employer is a large company and wouldnt really miss him but they dont agree with the war so appealed against his call up

Why is it when a indivual person appeals against call up for very good reasons they are almost always turned down and have to go but when a employer appeals they always win :?:

is it because the MOD are not willing to fight their case incase they lose.

What is the point of the RFA 1996 act if they are not willing to use it for the TA soldier but they use it for the employer :x
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I think the problem is that the MoD would not dare counter-appeal against a successful employer appeal, despite it being made on fatuous grounds - they are desperate to keep large employers on side, given that call-ups are going to be the norm for the foreseeable future.
  3. Has anyone heard of an employer failing to win an appeal, I haven't.
  4. RFA 1996, isn't worth the paper its printed on !
    Any employer who wants to bugger up the system just uses it, all the MOD will do is grovel a bit to them and back right off, they have no spine to fight big or little companies and the ensuing bad press they would get from the tribunal.
  5. which would mean they mey look for easier targets to call up and maybe extend the reserve commitment of ex forces retrospectivly.