Reynold Boughton, any experience/thoughts

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by thegimp, Jul 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. are these worth a look
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. Gimp, use the search, I recall a thread on these and they are reported to be shite and hard to get parts. Withams are giving one away with very low miles and it's got a box body.
  3. msr

msr LE

I wouldn't touch one with yours... They are a truly dreadful 'variant' and there's a reason why the army has got rid of them.

4. Mate, they are far beyond fooking rubbish.Avoid at all costs. Badly built,over complicated unreliable pieces of dog toffee.
  5. Cheers gents my hard on is wilting already :)
  6. I think the brakes were reported to be a problem as well. The price is good though...
  7. Changed a gearbox on one after it had done 18K. It was fooking epic. Cab off and everything. Pish.
  8. Werent they RB44's

Steering was a nightmare and when doing anything with the brakes you would have it pulling one way one test then the next brake test it would do completely the opposite. It has to be in my TOP 3 WORST buys the Army has ever got...unreliable and who ever pocketed the money to get these in service needs a good kicking.

It is in doubt a pile of poo.and that did go down on my 932 Inspection report on one Annual back in the 90's
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The best advise i can give you is get a gallon of petrol, a box of matches and torch the poxy thing.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Buy a pingauer instead
  11. This is a bit biased.....weve had all the good points on that thread so we ned some impartial views to slate it as I can't remember it ever being that good.

Ps the Pinz is quite a good vehicle that may do what you require.....or go bigger and get a MJ Bedford
  12. Bigger? He's got a Ural!