Rewriting history

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Oct 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Blair seems to have acquired such a reputation for military intervention, that our fine Press are now "crediting" him with campaigns which were nothing to do with him.

In recent weeks I have noticed two or three references to his intervening in Bosnia. At first I thought the journos concerned must have been thinking of Kosovo. However, this from the Scotsman leader, 2 Oct cannot possibly apply to Kosovo:

"On the world stage, his tough stance on Bosnia stopped the Balkans degenerating into total genocide."

Of course there is room for debate whether the UK, Europe, the US, the world could or should have done more in Bosnia 1992-96. The fact remains that NATO intervention in 1995, the Dayton negotiations, and the entire NATO-led IFOR mission all took place during the Major government, and before the General Election of 1 May, 1997. Nothing to do with Blair.

Press will be crediting him with Normandy next. Mind you, it was always puzzling how he could say of himself, "No Prime Minister has been better served by His armed forces."
  2. Whats your problem the Spams do it all the bloody time with Hollywood.
    They were the only ones that fought in WW2, the only ones that landed at Normandy and were the first to get an Enigma Set
  3. I thought they did..after all if it was not for them we would be speaking german....or so the yank in my office reminds me daily cnut. it really winds me up they have all the kit and none of the skills that our brave boys have.........I HATE THEM. i am sure we fight them more than we fight our enemy :evil:
  4. So TBLiar is taking tips from Stalins time in power now!!

Next he'll be saying that his Generals were useless and he personally took charge for all the campaigns that we participated in 8O Then we may see him in a nice, tailored uniform of a Genralissimo, reviewing us all as we march down Whitehall :evil:
  5. :lol: 8O :lol: 8O :lol: 8O :lol:
  6. Just ask him why the White House is white :) I suspect Bladensburg may supply you with a few details if you ask him nicely :) :)
  7. Remind him of two things:
    1. The 'tide' of the war had turned by 1942, long before any of their troops (not supplies), got there.
    More importantly:
    2) If it wasn't for us, he'd be speaking French!!!
  8. I knew there was an argument somewhere and you have just found it for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. I knew there was an argument somewhere and you have just found it for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. the french...
    dont swear at me..
    dirty garlic smelling po faced choppers.......
    Elle monsiur my name is pierre and i have come to have seks wiz your familie beacuse of the debt of honour to general la fiet in the french banna war......
    Blackpool more cosmopolitan than paris
  11. Q: Why do they have trees in Paris?
    A: So the Germans can march in the shade instead of the sun.

Q: How many Frenchmen would it take to defend Paris?
    A: It's not known, it's never been tried.

Three blokes, an Englishman, a Frenchman and an American are out walking along the beach together one day. They come across a lantern and a genie pops out of it. "I will give you each one wish, " says the genie. The American says, "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in America." With a blink of the genie's eye, 'FOOM' - the land in America was forever made fertile for farming. The Frenchman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around France, so that no one can come into our precious country." Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye, 'POOF' - there was a huge wall around France. The Englishman asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall. The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick and nothing can get in or out." The Englishman says, "Fill it up with water."
  12. My list of 10 countries we should invade without fail:

1. France
    2. Wales
    3. Er thats it
  13. Scotland........................

14. I think you should change that from invade these excuses of nations to deliver a bucket of instant sunshine to these god-fore-saken pits :wink: :wink: :wink: