Revolting Students Part (sorry lost count)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any skulls been cracked yet?
  2. Seems not thus far. However, supposedly another little tent city going up in Traf Square at the moment (I can't be arsed to pop outside and see for myself, TBH) so the day is not over yet. Given the proximity to Remembrance this week, I frankly think the Plod are bloody fools for letting the march get even that close to the Cenotaph, since the tents must have been forseeable, and they will have no choice but to get heavy in clearing them. At least that tosser Gilmour is in chokey and can't swing on the flags this time around.
  3. All quiet on the revolting front,so far...
  4. How much is this protest costing us?......
  5. Too Much! the SU should be made to pay for the policing........Cahants
  6. Heard reports of 4000-6000 protesters: 'the 99%' indeed.
  7. Oi! Seb!! Get them posters sorted!!!

Back on thread - plod clearing the tents from the base of Nelson's C - Polly and the rest of Guardianistas doubtless first parading their Outrage Bus as I type.
  8. Tent City in Trafalgar Sq cleared by police....
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

At least someone is having fun!
  10. cant move for peelers in st pauls !
  11. From the Guardian "Live Blog" at 1511:

"As the crowd moved into Holborn Circus, plain-clothed officers made an arrest. One officer (presumably an officer) was wearing a windcheater with a British marines emblem on it. More bottles were thrown."

As Auld Yin says, someone seems to be having fun...

EDIT: Quite impressive for a Guardian hack to recognise the Globe and Laurel. Would be even more impressive if he had granted them the courtesy of their Royal prefix. Assuming, of course, that it was a correct ID in the first place.
  12. We can be sure of one thing…

Our resident e-revolutionary - chuffit-tabmonkey-bugsy - is not at this protest either as he's still posting dribble on ARRSE from the comfort of his mums back bedroom.;P
  13. I reckon it'll be quieter than the last few now that they know that a stretch in pokey (including having your nipsy stretched by a good hard poking) isn't out of the question. Stand by to see a few black bloc eejits try to escalate the whole situation all over again, though. 'Anarchists' protesting against reductions in hand-outs from the state... It'd be adorable if it wasn't so bloody annoying.
  14. HHH

HHH LE

Are they praying for more overtime ?
  15. Dunno but seeing as a Degree is going to cost them up to £27k a head, unless of course they are Welsh, Scots or Northern Irish resident, then I think they have an absolute right to protest at both the price and the inequality. I pay the same tax as someone doing my job in Glasgow so why is my daughter's degree going to cost her but not his kid?

My youngest brother is policing this demo today. It's the Anarchist twat hangers on and Gilmours that he is looking forward to getting stuck into, not the real NUS Students.

Most of the demonstrators will be normal kids. Let them get on with it.
    • Like Like x 1