Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Auld-Yin

Review: The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan - 70th Anniversary Edition

The-Longest-Day-e1406196852557-144x150.jpg

Many of you will have read The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan in the 55 years since its first publication, indeed many, like myself, will have read it several times and it will be a well-thumbed, well loved book on your milhist bookshelf. To celebrate the 70th Anniversary of D-Day, the publishers have produced a magnificent reprint of the book, in coffee book size, weighing in at about 3 kilos so not something to carry about with you.

[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="0233004130"]I will not go in...
http://www.arrse.co.uk/reviews/review-longest-day-cornelius-ryan-70th-anniversary-edition/

Cornelius Ryans three books about WW2 are possibly the best I have ever read on the subject. Not only are they well written, but because they were first penned so closely after the end of the war, the descriptions of events by the eye witnesses are not altered by time.
A must read for anyone remotely interested in the subject.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am hoping the publishers do a similar job on A Bridge Too Far! :)

Regarding "A Bridge Too Far",  I'd recommend instead reading Robert Kershaw's "It Never Snows In September".  It was apparently republished in paperback a few years ago, else a library should be able to find a copy.

HE117

LE
My Dad took me to see this film when it first came out in 1962.. I think it was the first father-son thing I can recall us doing!

It changed my life..!