Review: Operation Mayhem by Steve Heaney MC with Damien Lewis

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
untallguy

Review: Operation Mayhem by Steve Heaney MC with Damien Lewis

This is a first-hand account of the Pathfinders’ actions in Sierra Leone as part of the UK’s operations there in 1999. Steve Heaney was the Pathfinder Platoon Sergeant at the time and gives a dramatic and eye-opening account of the battle the Pathfinders fought to stop the RUF taking the village of Lungi Lol. This book came close to getting me into trouble; my wife had to remind me more than once to put the book down and answer the questions that my children were asking me. Also, it caused...
http://www.arrse.co.uk/reviews/review-operation-mayhem-steve-heaney-mc-damien-lewis/

Last edited by a moderator:

Barely_Black

Old-Salt
Good review...will look out for this one. I wondered if the author covered the medical aspects of operating in West Africa? IIRC a number of guys from the unit contracted malaria during their stint in S-L.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Recently bought the e-book and like Untallguy says, it is a good read written in an easy style which can make it difficult to put down. I read it in three days, snatching bits here and there between doing the domestic admin.

Latest Threads