Review of the Reserves

I imagine that Review of the Reserves is being crafted in the office next door to DIS 2.0...

However, it would be nice to see something of the content even of the first one that missed the point given the effort that clearly the committee went too, or then again p'haps I'm being overly optimistic that the committee took anything on board from the comments that serving TA personnel made.

Here's hoping...
I hear it was a MOD Report about a report.

There are a number of outstanding issues that they want including in the report as well as the reccomendations, and there is abun fight over that

Interesting thing whispered about mobilisation
Yeah that was pretty close to what we were told, a very lengthy (hundreds of pages) report about further reports that the authors perceived necessary. Oddly I don't think that any consultants were potentially employed to write said report about reports but clearly most of the committee were thinking long term about their careers!

Anyway, apparently they were by a rather high ranking officer to go away and come back with what he'd originally asked for. A rather spectacular example of not correctly interpreting your 1UP's intent...
I rather thought that reports were intended to do the opposite i.e. save money!

Can't really see in the current climate that the Treasury will want to permit MOD to spend regardless of the
fact that Telic/Herrick have effectively backrupted MOD. And given where the TA comes in the pecking order in terms of kit and estate provision...

However I wait with bemused expectations :)
quiller said:
out mar/apr. lots of big hand stuff but will only be implemented if the money is there to do so.
Expect there will be a number of short quick fire cheap things so that they can justify their existence and the report anything costly don't hold your breath
Given the publicity and the expectations, it's going to be pretty crucial that some of the recommedations are delivered.

The TA mojo isn't exactly flowing in excessive quanties at present given equipment state, specified taskings, and the delight of JPA & SJARS etc. From Pte to CO, I think that all TA personnel need a bit of a boost particularly after the fisaco of TA100.
As with all reports and studies they will only be used if they fit in with what wants to be heard.

The TA says more kit, money, time, respect etc is F**K OFF STAB.

If we said we could do it with half the lads and 25% of the cash it would be lets talk.

The report is a wast of funding. Could of saved time and wonga by setting up a tread on this web site.
True, but not all reports go to the length of canvassing the Reserves (or whatever segment of the forces under discussion) particularly when the subject of finance and deliverables is a touchy one. Given, that the TA (and I assume RAF and Navy Reserves) were asked rank regardless, for their opinion then one would hope that something might actually be delivered. Or am I being rather naive?
Naive, it is the MOD writing the report.

I hope that the people that were asked spoke there mind and didn't just go "Sir that sounds great, pass the lube".

The system will only change after we run out of green string, bungee's and black nasty to hold it together. Until that point crack on.
Yup thanks for pointing that out, I'll go take my medication, it's clearly not having an effect...

I know several people in my unit that spoke their mind and the management certainly told the troops that they had a chance to comment and on that basis I think many did; not just in my unit but others across the Bde judging by feedback from our study period earlier this year. However I hold my breath all the same.
I think that the primary problem was the review team taking 90% of the available time finding out what they could have been told in 5% of the time...

If only they had been bothered to come and ask.

At least they acknowledged that the TA is a very fragile organisation.