Reverting from Local SSgt to Cpl

Guys, after a bit of advice if I can please, without going into to much detail on here, is it possible to revert from Local SSgt (Sub Sgt 2 years+and qualified for SSgt) to Cpl, there are vacancies available for me to fill as Cpl, I am happy to revert volutarily and no discipline issues involved, can the unit stop me or not ??? When can I do it, immediatley or do I have to apply, its not to try and get out of anything or just a "silly idea", much thought has gone into it so please any SENSIBLE info much appreciated. Regards

That's a very good question and one I suspect you will have difficulty in finding the answer to on here. Best to see your Adjt who will have to look into it.

Why would you want to?

If you are getting close to your 22 and want hands on experience as opposed to remaining in an admin role, that should be sufficient for a temporary step down without a reduction in rank imo.

Doesn't pension stay as a Sgt (the sub rank) if he has held it for two years or more?

If you are a local staffy, why not just ask to revert to your sub rank? For starters.