Reverting back to AFPS75?

Hi,

I was originally on AFPS75, but towards the end of my time I was first invited, then forced onto AFPS05. Did less than 22 years, so not in immediate receipt of pension.

Someone I spoke to the other day said there was a court ruling saying that was unjust, and you can now revert back to AFPS75.

Could not find any clear guidance online in regard to this. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the court ruling is for the 2015 pension as no one got a choice, you were just moved. Don't think you can move from 05 to 75. I could be wrong, but don't think I am.

Hi,

I was originally on AFPS75, but towards the end of my time I was first invited, then forced onto AFPS05. Did less than 22 years, so not in immediate receipt of pension.

Someone I spoke to the other day said there was a court ruling saying that was unjust, and you can now revert back to AFPS75.

Could not find any clear guidance online in regard to this. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Did you mean 15 rather than 05? No one was forced to change for 05, just 15.

The letter I got after I left said:

For service up to 05 April 2006, I will get paid X amount at 60
For service from 06 April 2006, I will get paid X amount at 65

I'm under the assumption this is because it is split between AFPS75 and AFPS05, although it doesn't say this in the letter.

I'm under the assumption this is because it is split between AFPS75 and AFPS05, although it doesn't say this in the letter.
Deferred pension payments for service after 5th April 2006 under AFPS75 are paid at 65 not 60.

Ah I see. So it is all AFPS75, but they changed the rules in 2006.

Wonder how the terminal grant is done in this instance then, payable at 60, or perhaps to terminal grants, one at 60, one at 65?

Ah I see. So it is all AFPS75, but they changed the rules in 2006.

Wonder how the terminal grant is done in this instance then, payable at 60, or perhaps to terminal grants, one at 60, one at 65?

Possibly, I left under 05 so I don't have direct experience, that link may have the answers, failing that someone like @Forces Pension Society will know

If you could provide the link please, so I can track down a smug agc officer **** last seen working in the city.

JSP 764, part one, chapter two, paragraph 201, B, 3.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor

The split date is all about the preserved pension age for AFPS 75 changing. All the benefits are in AFPS 75 and, should you so wish, you can ask to be paid the part of the pension due at age 65 at age 60, but at a reduced rate.

So, you did not get forced on to AFPS 05. Nobody was. It was an option and, for those who did not bother to respond to the option, the default was to remain on AFPS 75.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
I'm pretty sure the court ruling is for the 2015 pension as no one got a choice, you were just moved. Don't think you can move from 05 to 75. I could be wrong, but don't think I am.
Correct.

Latest Threads