Reverse Racism - I think

I thought the reason people were in black face for that was because of chimney soot, not because he was actually meant to be black.
That's right. At least that's what they say. Protesters say otherwise. My impression is that it is not intended to be racist. Neither is Beltane as far as I know.

ETA I had a listen to the audio report:
https://radiodownloaddw-a.akamaihd.net/Events/dwelle/dira/mp3/eng/BF5B784E_2_dwdownload.mp3
It's quite interesting and presents the various arguments. Songs refer to Pete being "as black as soot". It's contentious. If it is racism, tradition isn't or shouldn't be an excuse. On the other hand should Pete be excluded from history? Sounds like the UN will keep pushing for revision due to perceived racial stereotypes being depicted in the songs and the blacking up.

I think Mary Poppins is safe on that count although the sweeps Cockney accent was pretty bad.

Last edited:
That's right. At least that's what they say. Protesters say otherwise. My impression is that it is not intended to be racist. Neither is Beltane as far as I know.

Racsist bastards!!

I think in her mind the daughter has now decided she is not going back after xmas i
Forgive a bit more input - The fact that she is so afraid that she does not wish to continue her studies should be highlighted. 'My daughter is so scared of this man that she wants to give up her year at your institution, possibly to the detriment of her entire future.'

Given the evidence of misogyny and harassment (because of his spurious claims that your daughter is racist and given the potential controversy that his ethnic origin may inject into the scenario, this shouldn't be the first line of attack), the University, unless it has taken leave of its senses - and its policies - will have to take this seriously.

I would also suggest that you make clear that your daughter is unaware of your calling - the reason here is that universities tend towards a view that their students are adults and if unlucky, you may end up talking to someone who feels that your daughter should take care of this herself. It would be useful to stress that you're not 'helicopter parenting' but have a nasty feeling that your daughter is so scared that she may not report this matter to the authorities, and want to make sure that the harassment is drawn to their attention as she is in fear of her safety.

BB is an argumentative and contrary so and so and will sometimes take a point to the nth degree to wind someone up who he thinks is being hypocritical, over sensitive, being more than a tad right wing or simply over egging the pudding.

The reality is he is more than aware how some in all camps spin it and isn't really a snowflake liberal SJW or otherwise.
Basically a troll then, i´ll chat with or debate somebody with a differing opinion all day, i might learn something new but when all they do is attack people and start pointless, childish bickering, ruining an otherwise constructive discussion, they become non-existent to me. I have only added 2 people to my ignore list and he was the first one.

Forgive a bit more input - The fact that she is so afraid that she does not wish to continue her studies should be highlighted. 'My daughter is so scared of this man that she wants to give up her year at your institution, possibly to the detriment of her entire future.'

Given the evidence of misogyny and harassment (because of his spurious claims that your daughter is racist and given the potential controversy that his ethnic origin may inject into the scenario, this shouldn't be the first line of attack), the University, unless it has taken leave of its senses - and its policies - will have to take this seriously.

I would also suggest that you make clear that your daughter is unaware of your calling - the reason here is that universities tend towards a view that their students are adults and if unlucky, you may end up talking to someone who feels that your daughter should take care of this herself. It would be useful to stress that you're not 'helicopter parenting' but have a nasty feeling that your daughter is so scared that she may not report this matter to the authorities, and want to make sure that the harassment is drawn to their attention as she is in fear of her safety.
Thanks for that.:)

Last Wednesday evening I was travelling on the West Coast main line, and became aware of a bit of a fracas in the carriage. It transpired there were two fare evaders on board who were causing the guard a lot of grief. The train ended up making an unscheduled stop at Crewe, and awaited the arrival of the British transport police. Meanwhile these two young British Asian men started accusing the guard of racism and hurled abuse at other passengers, myself included, as I wandered down to the toilet. The police attended, and tried to calm the situation down. Again the two men accused the police of being racist and not allowing them the chance to tell their story. Eventually there was quite a scuffle involving two policeman, two security guards from the station and the train guard. Both guys got slammed down on the platform and handcuffed whilst yelling racist abuse at the police, whilst also claiming that this was a racially motivated attack.

I’d love to know what the follow-up is on this particular incident. What pissed me off was the 50 minute delay caused by this incident. It was very late by the time I got in to London Euston, and I had to catch a night bus. It took almost 2 hours to get home, and I have to say I felt quite uncomfortable on the night bus which was full of very strange and slightly shouty people.

Last Wednesday evening I was travelling on the West Coast main line, and became aware of a bit of a fracas in the carriage. It transpired there were two fare evaders on board who were causing the guard a lot of grief. The train ended up making an unscheduled stop at Crewe, and awaited the arrival of the British transport police. Meanwhile these two young British Asian men started accusing the guard of racism and hurled abuse at other passengers, myself included, as I wandered down to the toilet. The police attended, and tried to calm the situation down. Again the two men accused the police of being racist and not allowing them the chance to tell their story. Eventually there was quite a scuffle involving two policeman, two security guards from the station and the train guard. Both guys got slammed down on the platform and handcuffed whilst yelling racist abuse at the police, whilst also claiming that this was a racially motivated attack.

I’d love to know what the follow-up is on this particular incident. What pissed me off was the 50 minute delay caused by this incident. It was very late by the time I got in to London Euston, and I had to catch a night bus. It took almost 2 hours to get home, and I have to say I felt quite uncomfortable on the night bus which was full of very strange and slightly shouty people.

It's a rod the west have made for their own backs. Equal treatment under the law is a fine thing but it went a step further and a perceived special status was granted for some with a nod and a wink while pointing at the paperwork that merely says everyone should be treated the same.

The result is that those with perceived special status have got into the habit of taking the piss at every opportunity and consider themselves immune from the same legislation.

Hypothetically, if an institution wasn't taking such a campaign of abuse as seriously as they should, an allegation that it's all down to rejected sexual advances might help focus their attention somewhat and help offset the disadvantage of not being naturally tanned. Hypothetically.

In the Netherlands, the Dutch celebrate a Spanish Moor called Black Pete. It seems that reverence to Pete is now considered racist and the UN want tradition to be rewritten. Dutch courts have blocked a ban but this has resulted in protests.

View attachment 362371
Dutch court blocks bid to ban blackface Black Pete character | DW | 14.11.2018

View attachment 362373
Blackface Christmas tradition prompts Dutch protests | DW | 17.11.2018

Presumably Pete coped with the cold?
Could it be that some depictions are cartoon like stereotypes that mock rather than celebrate the Moorish chap?
The Dutch Santa and black Peter live in Spain rather than the arctic.

lots of theories about his origin. And he appears in other countries too. I've often wondered if he was connected to the north African slavers who who would plunder the shores of Europe. It was black Peter's job to put naughty children in a sack and take them to spain...

I've not found a n official/academic source for the above though.

It's a rod the west have made for their own backs. Equal treatment under the law is a fine thing but it went a step further and a perceived special status was granted for some with a nod and a wink while pointing at the paperwork that merely says everyone should be treated the same.

The result is that those with perceived special status have got into the habit of taking the piss at every opportunity and consider themselves immune from the same legislation.
I doubt that there was any consideration by the Police that this was in anyway a racially aggravated incident. However it was quite clear that these two chaps were happy to try it on as a defence/means of evading a train ticket. I, for one, was happy to be a witness, should it be necessary.

We can’t return to the old days of ‘no dogs, no blacks, no Irish’. It’s within the memory of many on here the institutional bias that existed in NI (and elsewhere) if you were Catholic. Anti-discrimination laws were brought in for a very valid reason and that reason still stands, sadly, yet it is in the application of these laws as a defence that is a problem. Certainly, the grooming scandals demonstrated an unwillingness (amongst other issues) of police and social services to act because of the fear of being called racist in doing so. Yet the recent spate of convictions has shown that this concern was overstated. Perhaps the dynamic equilibrium has been restored?

Sadly not -Although its wrong to suggest its the left / leftists in General - Plenty on the left see it as the horse shit it is

The "Progressive" left and its BLM compatriots have carefully defined racism to mean Prejudice +Privelage and Power rather than discrimination based on race.

So In Europe / US only white people can be racist - Brown people can be prejudiced but as they have not the privilege structure and power they cannot be racist. It further carefully conflates privilege that does exist in some ways for the wealthy with being white (as many are)

Of course how an unemployed white youth on a UK sink estate is more privileged than Abbot or Khan or Lammy is anyone's guess but were not supposed to ask questions.

Furthermore it falls down because by the definitions own logic if I say all Africans are scum whilst im in England Im racist - but if I say it in Japan - then because I dont have power and privilege then I can only be prejudiced ditto if I stand in Africa, Like wise an Asian abusing Blacks in the UK is only prejudiced - in asia he would be (or should be) racist - which is crap - a bigots a bigot and where he is physically stood doesn't change that

The fact the users of this definition of power and privilege definition will hem haw or produce arguments of why I would still be racist in Japan only proves that the whole proposition is nothing more than an attempt by some to push an only whites are racist argument -

Many more of course are suckered into accepting the privilege power definition but miss the fact it doesn't apply to other demographics in other situations.

Edit Reverse racism was coined to refer to Positive discrimination policies, however careful hijacking of the expression - now means it refers to any attempt to point out racism from a non white source and suggest its whining and or whattabouttery.

Of course it becomes impossible to challenge this pile of bovine excrement because the far right leap on it and any sensible points are lost in the inevitable xlw xrw pissing contest
Points well put.

ETA I had a listen to the audio report:
https://radiodownloaddw-a.akamaihd.net/Events/dwelle/dira/mp3/eng/BF5B784E_2_dwdownload.mp3
It's quite interesting and presents the various arguments. Songs refer to Pete being "as black as soot". It's contentious. If it is racism, tradition isn't or shouldn't be an excuse. On the other hand should Pete be excluded from history? Sounds like the UN will keep pushing for revision due to perceived racial stereotypes being depicted in the songs and the blacking up.

I think Mary Poppins is safe on that count although the sweeps Cockney accent was pretty bad.
Dick Van Dyke would be guilty of cultural appropriation

I hope you provided a statement to the police?

It seems Blacks get a bit pissed when white people 'Black Up', yet if you're black you can buy 'White Up' body lotion:

White up Whitening Body Lotion

Also, it's OK if you're Black to 'White Up'.

More double standards from our PC brigate - as you don't here a peep out of them about this, yet if the roles were reversed - you can bet they'd all be screaming their snowflake heads off!

It seems Blacks get a bit pissed when white people 'Black Up', yet if you're black you can buy 'White Up' body lotion:

White up Whitening Body Lotion

Also, it's OK if you're Black to 'White Up'.

More double standards from our PC brigate - as you don't here a peep out of them about this, yet if the roles were reversed - you can bet they'd all be screaming their snowflake heads off!
Like this....excellent piece.

The aussie bit is funny!

@Effendi see 11:12 for what your daughter is being exposed to on campus.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
oldbaldy Gaming and Software 2
IvyGrad US 42