Reverse Racism - I think

Sadly not -Although its wrong to suggest its the left / leftists in General - Plenty on the left see it as the horse shit it is

The "Progressive" left and its BLM compatriots have carefully defined racism to mean Prejudice +Privelage and Power rather than discrimination based on race.

So In Europe / US only white people can be racist - Brown people can be prejudiced but as they have not the privilege structure and power they cannot be racist. It further carefully conflates privilege that does exist in some ways for the wealthy with being white (as many are)

Of course how an unemployed white youth on a UK sink estate is more privileged than Abbot or Khan or Lammy is anyone's guess but were not supposed to ask questions.

Furthermore it falls down because by the definitions own logic if I say all Africans are scum whilst im in England Im racist - but if I say it in Japan - then because I dont have power and privilege then I can only be prejudiced ditto if I stand in Africa, Like wise an Asian abusing Blacks in the UK is only prejudiced - in asia he would be (or should be) racist - which is crap - a bigots a bigot and where he is physically stood doesn't change that

The fact the users of this definition of power and privilege definition will hem haw or produce arguments of why I would still be racist in Japan only proves that the whole proposition is nothing more than an attempt by some to push an only whites are racist argument -

Many more of course are suckered into accepting the privilege power definition but miss the fact it doesn't apply to other demographics in other situations.

Edit Reverse racism was coined to refer to Positive discrimination policies, however careful hijacking of the expression - now means it refers to any attempt to point out racism from a non white source and suggest its whining and or whattabouttery.

Of course it becomes impossible to challenge this pile of bovine excrement because the far right leap on it and any sensible points are lost in the inevitable xlw xrw pissing contest
Yes ok it is not accurate to tar the entire left with this brush however they could help to stand up to and rebalance the rise of the far left. The regressive left opened this can of worms and nowadays, a traditional left wing person is viewed as basically a conservative by the regressive left and far left. Those of us who were once left of centre are now as bad as Nazi´s to the current left.

Sadly not -Although its wrong to suggest its the left / leftists in General - Plenty on the left see it as the horse shit it is

The "Progressive" left and its BLM compatriots have carefully defined racism to mean Prejudice +Privelage and Power rather than discrimination based on race.

So In Europe / US only white people can be racist - Brown people can be prejudiced but as they have not the privilege structure and power they cannot be racist. It further carefully conflates privilege that does exist in some ways for the wealthy with being white (as many are)

Of course how an unemployed white youth on a UK sink estate is more privileged than Abbot or Khan or Lammy is anyone's guess but were not supposed to ask questions.

Furthermore it falls down because by the definitions own logic if I say all Africans are scum whilst im in England Im racist - but if I say it in Japan - then because I dont have power and privilege then I can only be prejudiced ditto if I stand in Africa, Like wise an Asian abusing Blacks in the UK is only prejudiced - in asia he would be (or should be) racist - which is crap - a bigots a bigot and where he is physically stood doesn't change that

The fact the users of this definition of power and privilege definition will hem haw or produce arguments of why I would still be racist in Japan only proves that the whole proposition is nothing more than an attempt by some to push an only whites are racist argument -

Many more of course are suckered into accepting the privilege power definition but miss the fact it doesn't apply to other demographics in other situations.

Edit Reverse racism was coined to refer to Positive discrimination policies, however careful hijacking of the expression - now means it refers to any attempt to point out racism from a non white source and suggest its whining and or whattabouttery.

Of course it becomes impossible to challenge this pile of bovine excrement because the far right leap on it and any sensible points are lost in the inevitable xlw xrw pissing contest
I couldn't agree more with your analysis..... I could add, if you believe something to be true and your armed with Privilege as you describe it, then effendis daughter is guilty as charged.

The expectation is she will now have to publically prove she is not a orrible wacist. The more she stands up for herself, the worse things get. I hope all the cringers and do nothings like twice bravo, never have to face a similar situation in their sad little lives.

. I hope all the cringers and do nothings like twice bravo, never have to face a similar situation in their sad little lives.
BB is an argumentative and contrary so and so and will sometimes take a point to the nth degree to wind someone up who he thinks is being hypocritical, over sensitive, being more than a tad right wing or simply over egging the pudding.

The reality is he is more than aware how some in all camps spin it and isn't really a snowflake liberal SJW or otherwise.

BB is an argumentative and contrary so and so and will sometimes take a point to the nth degree to wind someone up who he thinks is being hypocritical, over sensitive, being more than a tad right wing or simply over egging the pudding.

The reality is he is more than aware how some in all camps spin it and isn't really a snowflake liberal SJW or otherwise.
Over egging the pudding, I have fears for the future of my 5 year old son. There is way too much awareness on any number of subjects, but very few actions, which tend to be very much on the thin side of gruel.

The way to dismantle privilege is through the law and either scrap, or rewrite large sections of human rights law and multicultural doctrine, to return to a society of absolutes.

Over egging the pudding, I have fears for the future of my 5 year old son. There is way too much awareness on any number of subjects, but very few actions, which tend to be very much on the thin side of gruel.

The way to dismantle privilege is through the law and either scrap, or rewrite large sections of human rights law and multicultural doctrine, to return to a society of absolutes.
The law does not need rewriting, it is the interpretation, guidelines and selective enforcement of legislation that needs correcting.

A little bit of presumptive parental advice if I may be so bold: I jokingly call my lad stick boy as he is a lanky bag of bones with not much meat on him. But, the little git is determined when he decides on something. I kicked him off with Tae Kwon Do at around 6, or 7, he got his (adult) black belt when he was 13 - he had a 3 year break from TKD where he was doing Tang Soo Do instead and he is one grading shy of a black belt in that. Just gently steer him at something like this and you will be amazed. I have mentioned previously my lad was set upon by a school team football line backer (thats like a prop in rugby) and the skinny, geeky, computer nerd dropped the kid, never had a problem from anyone in the football team again.

Reminds me of an incident in college.

Ed was a charming, polite, gentle sort of chap. Tall, bespectacled and considered casual dress to be the same as it had been at Oxford in the 50s - cords, collared shirt, usually with a tie, tweed jacket, brogues.

Some of the other students thought him a bit of a weaklign and a 'spod'. During must've been the summer of 92, the rugger bugger types decided to indulge in what they called 'quad wrestling' - as he name suggests, wrestling in the front quad of the college. After Reg, the barman, had made clear they should **** off (by the expedient of saying, gruffly, '**** off from outside moi bar'), the pastime had decamped to the gardens at the rear of the college.

One evening, Ed was having a beer. He was subjected to some banter (friendly, if a bit pointed from one rugger bugger). Ed was taunted into having a quad wrestle. Removing his jacket, he squared up to his opponent. Who gave forth a squeal of pain, followed by another as he was neatly flung through the air and dumped on his back, rolled over and placed in an arm lock of some force.

The rugger buggers clapped, astonished, as an unruffled Ed took his jacket from his 'second, and wandered back into the bar for another pint.

'Christ, how did he learn to do that?' asked a rugger bugger.
'I imagine his Dad taught him to look after himself,' I speculated.
'His dad. Is he a boxer or something ?'
'Dunno'
'If you don't know, why d'you think his Dad taught him how to look after himself?'
'Because while I don't know if he boxes, I do know that he was Officer Commanding 22 SAS a few years ago, and...'
'Ah. That might explain it....'

Ed wasn't ever invited to have a quad wrestle again.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
What @Archimedes said - my old employer, although shitty in some respects would take this very seriously, as would the SU. Would also be helpful to report this to her personal tutor, then escalate through those channels. Also report it to Halls Manager if she is still in Uni accommodation. Just out of interest, what course is the young one on? Are they both on the same course? I have a few friends that still work at Leicester Uni......just sayin'...... :)

What @Archimedes said - my old employer, although shitty in some respects would take this very seriously, as would the SU. Would also be helpful to report this to her personal tutor, then escalate through those channels. Also report it to Halls Manager if she is still in Uni accommodation. Just out of interest, what course is the young one on? Are they both on the same course? I have a few friends that still work at Leicester Uni......just sayin'...... :)
Both on different courses. He is a 3rd year, I think in her mind the daughter has now decided she is not going back after xmas if she can wangle it with the local uni here.

She is in one of the private accomodation complexes which house around 900 students. They do actually have an on site plod, complete with office space, who according to her must wander around wearing a cloak of invisibility.

I do feel for her and wish I was there to read the git his future, I always told her while I was around it was my job to make sure her and her brother were safe. I get the impression that she just wants to quietly keep her head down and get away from it as quickly as possible - as the rumour and legend this toad has built up around himself is that he is a hard b'stard into gang culture. It saddens me as she was bought up to treat all people as equal, she has friends from all over the globe, when she is home there are a stream of Indian and mexican/hispanic friends calling at the house.

That said I am going to phone the SU tomorrow and also the Vice Chancellors office sometime this week when I know what direction things are taking. It will not be good PR for them if cash paying overseas students are running away.

I feel sorry f
Both on different courses. He is a 3rd year, I think in her mind the daughter has now decided she is not going back after xmas if she can wangle it with the local uni here.

She is in one of the private accomodation complexes which house around 900 students. They do actually have an on site plod, complete with office space, who according to her must wander around wearing a cloak of invisibility.

I do feel for her and wish I was there to read the git his future, I always told her while I was around it was my job to make sure her and her brother were safe. I get the impression that she just wants to quietly keep her head down and get away from it as quickly as possible - as the rumour and legend this toad has built up around himself is that he is a hard b'stard into gang culture. It saddens me as she was bought up to treat all people as equal, she has friends from all over the globe, when she is home there are a stream of Indian and mexican/hispanic friends calling at the house.

That said I am going to phone the SU tomorrow and also the Vice Chancellors office sometime this week when I know what direction things are taking. It will not be good PR for them if cash paying overseas students are running away.
I truly feel for your daughter being put in such a position that she finds it necessary to leave her studies. It makes you wonder how many others have been forced out by this pos and hopefully you speaking to the admin will shed light on his reprehensible behaviour. Most uni’s have fear to certain extent of bad light being shed on their institutions in the media these days and I hope you make some headway in them getting a grip on some of the dregs they have in their hallowed halls....

That's a horrendous experience for your sprog.

It's always worth cc'ing the local MP, Councillors as well. Even if they pay no attention at those locations it's amazing how it concentrates the minds of the actual recipients and also establishes a 'paper' trail.

Reminds me of an incident in college.

Ed was a charming, polite, gentle sort of chap. Tall, bespectacled and considered casual dress to be the same as it had been at Oxford in the 50s - cords, collared shirt, usually with a tie, tweed jacket, brogues.

Some of the other students thought him a bit of a weaklign and a 'spod'. During must've been the summer of 92, the rugger bugger types decided to indulge in what they called 'quad wrestling' - as he name suggests, wrestling in the front quad of the college. After Reg, the barman, had made clear they should **** off (by the expedient of saying, gruffly, '**** off from outside moi bar'), the pastime had decamped to the gardens at the rear of the college.

One evening, Ed was having a beer. He was subjected to some banter (friendly, if a bit pointed from one rugger bugger). Ed was taunted into having a quad wrestle. Removing his jacket, he squared up to his opponent. Who gave forth a squeal of pain, followed by another as he was neatly flung through the air and dumped on his back, rolled over and placed in an arm lock of some force.

The rugger buggers clapped, astonished, as an unruffled Ed took his jacket from his 'second, and wandered back into the bar for another pint.

'Christ, how did he learn to do that?' asked a rugger bugger.
'I imagine his Dad taught him to look after himself,' I speculated.
'His dad. Is he a boxer or something ?'
'Dunno'
'If you don't know, why d'you think his Dad taught him how to look after himself?'
'Because while I don't know if he boxes, I do know that he was Officer Commanding 22 SAS a few years ago, and...'
'Ah. That might explain it....'

Ed wasn't ever invited to have a quad wrestle again.
As I started to read this, I thought it was going to end with them finding out that Ed is a bit of a judo or jiu jitsu black belt (arm locks are illegal in boxing). Still, it ended with some ******** being taken down a peg or two.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder how Studious Leroy is with his studies, and what his expected grades are ??
in such polite society he probably feels like a right hard man, when in fact, back on home turf hes a nothing and liable to get filled in

Pragmatically, If he's a 3rd-year, post-Xmas term which is in a mere short few weeks he will be up to his eyeballs in deadline assignments and exam prep mate. Post-Easter and he will just want to get out of the place and back to his "manor".

That's probably one of the reasons he's being such cnut about it, post xmas and the finishing line is very much in sight.

I feel sorry f
I truly feel for your daughter being put in such a position that she finds it necessary to leave her studies. It makes you wonder how many others have been forced out by this pos and hopefully you speaking to the admin will shed light on his reprehensible behaviour. Most uni’s have fear to certain extent of bad light being shed on their institutions in the media these days and I hope you make some headway in them getting a grip on some of the dregs they have in their hallowed halls....
I agree because then the bad guys win. The Uni should be dealing with it and protecting those put upon. If they don't then they are failing in their duties towards their students by allowing this to persist.

Sadly it brings to mind an incident when I was 19 that the daughter of a friend of my dad suffered harrassment at uni. An eternal student, older than her, who knew all the tricks wanted to sleep with her. He put a lot of pressure on and when she refused he really made her life hell, with insults such as lesbian, and not normal and the like.
She came home for the holidays and just didn't want to go back and face it. One day when the family were out she took her dad's shotgun, went into the garage and blew her head off.
As far as I am aware the eternal student didn't suffer, and the bad guy won.

I really hope it works out well for your lassie, but I restate the Uni should be doing something, otherwise they lose too.

He's got a point. I have yet to meet a black person who can stand the cold. I recall a docu about Royal Marine officer training, in which a 2Lt from the Jamaican Defence Force is part of a batch of YOs, and suffers badly in the cold over Dartmoor and Brecon. The instructors say that if it is this bad for him in the UK, he would never manage a Winter in Norway.

In the Netherlands, the Dutch celebrate a Spanish Moor called Black Pete. It seems that reverence to Pete is now considered racist and the UN want tradition to be rewritten. Dutch courts have blocked a ban but this has resulted in protests.

1542571981831.png

Dutch court blocks bid to ban blackface Black Pete character | DW | 14.11.2018

1542572039078.png

Blackface Christmas tradition prompts Dutch protests | DW | 17.11.2018

Presumably Pete coped with the cold?
Could it be that some depictions are cartoon like stereotypes that mock rather than celebrate the Moorish chap?

I have investigated cases of racially aggravated offences with BAME people abusing white people and differing races of BAME abusing each other. And obviously white people abusing BAME people. There is no difference as far as I am concerned and legislation does not specify colour. I’ve also NFA’d numerous cases when I felt there was no evidence involving all races of complainant.

However, White people statistically report these matters less in my experience.

In the Netherlands, the Dutch celebrate a Spanish Moor called Black Pete. It seems that reverence to Pete is now considered racist and the UN want tradition to be rewritten. Dutch courts have blocked a ban but this has resulted in protests.

View attachment 362371
Dutch court blocks bid to ban blackface Black Pete character | DW | 14.11.2018

View attachment 362373
Blackface Christmas tradition prompts Dutch protests | DW | 17.11.2018

Presumably Pete coped with the cold?
Could it be that some depictions are cartoon like stereotypes that mock rather than celebrate the Moorish chap?
I thought the reason people were in black face for that was because of chimney soot, not because he was actually meant to be black.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 355
oldbaldy Gaming and Software 2
IvyGrad US 42