Reverse Noncing

ACAB

LE
An interesting Social Experiment especially in light of recent events in the UK.

It took place in the last month.

A guy (US: where else) sets up a fake social media account showing him to be 20 years old or so and then arranges to meet underage girls. The difference? Mum and Dad are waiting for them. The thing is, from the little on the clip you see, they have decent homes, parents that care and the latest gadgets, so why? I've got kids, to think they could be this naïve is frightening.

MODs, if in the wrong place apologies.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately there have been too many examples over the last few years that prove exactly how naive kids can be.

L

lumpy2

Not all are naive. A lot of them know but don't care.

Haven't we all been there in our youth? The grief we put our parents through can't be fully appreciated until one is a parent oneself.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sadly knowing the US it's scripted and fake, if it isn't hopefully it might save some kid a world of grief

A copper friend of mine told me about a case of grooming. Guy makes false profile of a young gay guy.

Befriends young underage gay boy says after a while how do you feel about older boys.

Target says okay and is passed onto next false profile a few years older.

Then repeat a few times until the real bloke in his forties is revealed.

Fortunately his boyfriend finds out and reports him to dibble.

Hell hath no fury etc.

D

Deleted 20555

Friend of mine, running to fat, balding, short sighted, married with two kids, 53 years old was VERY actively pursued by his 18 year old work experience intern.

Does that qualify?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Friend of mine, running to fat, balding, short sighted, married with two kids, 53 years old was VERY actively pursued by his 18 year old work experience intern.

Does that qualify?
Not really. At 18 you're an adult,

Does that qualify?
A "friend" as in a mate of mine ? dont worry its not illegal.

Greens

War Hero
The current middle aged generation really do not understand the online environment and how kids interact with it at all, it will take the next generation (the ones who had Facebook/Bebo/Twitter all through their teenage years) to really understand and respond to it correctly.

It must drive oneself up the wall being parent.

An interesting Social Experiment especially in light of recent events in the UK.

It took place in the last month.

A guy (US: where else) sets up a fake social media account showing him to be 20 years old or so and then arranges to meet underage girls. The difference? Mum and Dad are waiting for them. The thing is, from the little on the clip you see, they have decent homes, parents that care and the latest gadgets, so why? I've got kids, to think they could be this naïve is frightening.

MODs, if in the wrong place apologies.
Nice van ......

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Does that qualify?
I think ACAB had it right when he made the comment about wimmin of all ages. Recently I was pursued by the interpreter I was working with. All well and good for the ego to have an attractive 22 year old bird after you but, apart from it being bad juju to screw yer crew, she was married with a baby and a Violent husband. So she was obviously looking for an escape.

I think ACAB had it right when he made the comment about wimmin of all ages. Recently I was pursued by the interpreter I was working with. All well and good for the ego to have an attractive 22 year old bird after you but, apart from it being bad juju to screw yer crew, she was married with a baby and a Violent husband. So she was obviously looking for an escape.
You did though, didn't you?

Not really. At 18 you're an adult,
Care needed. As far as I remember, under the Children's Act, a 'young person' is still protected to the age of 25 from any predatory advances from a person who is in a position of power or influence over them, hence an intern at 18 would be deemed as 'vulnerable', despite it being her making the running.

We, as Scout Leaders (and ACF Officers/Instructors) can't automatically assume that we're 'safe' once they're 18 - the headlines would be dire - "50 year old Scout Master grooms 19 year old Network Scout", or "ACF Sergeant Major spends night under canvas with 19 year old trainee instructor" - not the possible truth of "Old bloke feels well chuffed that teenage babe wants to do things to him involving rubber and baby oil"

You did though, didn't you?
No. Like I said, bad juju to screw the crew - and it's not like there's a shortage of pussy here. Also, if I'm ever short , I have a 40 yo **** buddy who will fill the gap.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Care needed. As far as I remember, under the Children's Act, a 'young person' is still protected to the age of 25 from any predatory advances from a person who is in a position of power or influence over them, hence an intern at 18 would be deemed as 'vulnerable', despite it being her making the running.

We, as Scout Leaders (and ACF Officers/Instructors) can't automatically assume that we're 'safe' once they're 18 - the headlines would be dire - "50 year old Scout Master grooms 19 year old Network Scout", or "ACF Sergeant Major spends night under canvas with 19 year old trainee instructor" - not the possible truth of "Old bloke feels well chuffed that teenage babe wants to do things to him involving rubber and baby oil"

True enough. Teachers youth workers and Instructors are in a very difficult position.

And just because something is legal it doesn't necessarily make it right. At 52 if an 18 year old came on to me I'd feel like a paedophile (both of my step-children are older than that).

Latest Threads