• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Reverse Bribes..

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
sid101 said:
Basicly, a man goes to a market in Kabul and buys an ANP uniform to show how easily it is to impersonate a ANP member and the sets up his own mock check point and offers people a 'reverse bribe' when they travel through his cehckpoint..

But this does highlight an issue with the ANP and ANA uniforms being on sale for only a few Dollars?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/06/18/96178/filmmaker-pays-reverse-bribes.html?storylink=addthis

Happened in Iraq
They issued two sets of the Yank style Dessert BDU to the Army and some police
A few days later one set was for sale in the market

I bought an AK for $30 dolers of a copper at one checkpoint the SCM made me get my money back and return his weapon

It's their culture you'll never change it they really will sell you their granny if you ask

That said, we hardly refrain from selling Brit Desert DPM on british markets.

You can buy a UBACS shirt, desert trousers, desert boots, an osprey cover (stuff with cardboard) mk6 and all your pouches off eBay for not much over £100.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
therealbigdizzle said:
That said, we hardly refrain from selling Brit Desert DPM on british markets.

You can buy a UBACS shirt, desert trousers, desert boots, an osprey cover (stuff with cardboard) mk6 and all your pouches off eBay for not much over £100.
Can you buy them with bullet holes to make the walting a bit better?

Latest Threads