Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the war between the Windsors. by Tom Bower

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice take on an aspect of the book. I disagree with the end. I think she won't find it that easy to sidestep.

Nice take on an aspect of the book. I disagree with the end. I think she won't find it that easy to sidestep.

One bit of the book made me laugh, apparently when M & h started going out Meghan was very tactile, (nothing changed there it's one of her ways of controlling) rubbing his back often - did he perhaps need constant burping?

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
does it state what her mothers very hazy history is? - the women in my family say that she was in jail for quite a few years and that she had a very shaky relationship with megain to the point it was pretty shocking that the only person who she invited to the wedding was her mum and lots of A listers who she never knew
It's touched on, as is her running the care home at the moment, and its lack of apparent funding ....

Granny was a slave, of course...

It's touched on, as is her running the care home at the moment, and its lack of apparent funding ....

Granny was a slave, of course...

wowzer! she must have been a very old granny!!

December 18, 1865

On December 18, 1865, the 13th Amendment was adopted as part of the United States Constitution. The amendment officially abolished slavery, and immediately freed more than 100,000 enslaved people, from Kentucky to Delaware.

Meanwhile poor old Whitey wasn't treated quite as well

In 1833 convict transportation peaked when 7000 prisoners arrived in Australia but, by this time, public support for the system was already in decline. However, it wasn't until 1868 that convict transportation to Australia came to an end

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
wowzer! she must have been a very old granny!!

December 18, 1865

On December 18, 1865, the 13th Amendment was adopted as part of the United States Constitution. The amendment officially abolished slavery, and immediately freed more than 100,000 enslaved people, from Kentucky to Delaware.

Meanwhile poor old Whitey wasn't treated quite as well

In 1833 convict transportation peaked when 7000 prisoners arrived in Australia but, by this time, public support for the system was already in decline. However, it wasn't until 1868 that convict transportation to Australia came to an end
Mea culpa. Great great grandfather was a slave. Meggie says he named himself 'Wisdom' on emancipation. Evidence suggests he remained Ragland.

tgo

LE
I'm only partway through reading but I'm picking up very subtle digs and nuances in there, it's quite funny, if not the bombshell we thought it may be, but you may find as people like Samantha Markle step forward that other people will too and there may be a second edition or follow up book that will be far more juicy.

I'm only partway through reading but I'm picking up very subtle digs and nuances in there, it's quite funny, if not the bombshell we thought it may be, but you may find as people like Samantha Markle step forward that other people will too and there may be a second edition or follow up book that will be far more juicy.
I believe you're right. This is a starting point with unimpeachable truths from credible witnesses. It will be very interesting to see if M & H try to sue, since previous suits (no pun intended) have been unsuccessful.

Depending on the reaction I hope the door will be opened to much more.

I reckon I will end up beng the last to read it at this rate

Unfortunately she has 'Liberal Privilege' - the strongest type of Privilege and it will protect her as long as she never ever questions the 'Trans' movement or states on the record what a woman is - under that envelope of protection she can pretty well murder someone one in broad daylight and in full view of a TV camera and she will be fully protected by most of the Liberal MSM and any number of activist groups

That sounds exactly like the made up shit found on obscure parts of the internet that outrage mob on ARRSE can froth about.

you are quite correct to point out the internet has many untruths but often, those in power who portray themselves as being totally trustworthy and say that they censor stuff to protect 'us' from 'misinformation' lie like cheap NAAFI watches eg Trump Russian Collusion Hoax, Hunter Biden Laptop, The Vaccine stops you catching Covid etc etc - I don't know the truth on Markles mum but neither do you

you are quite correct to point out the internet has many untruths but often, those in power who portray themselves as being totally trustworthy and say that they censor stuff to protect 'us' from 'misinformation' lie like cheap NAAFI watches eg Trump Russian Collusion Hoax, Hunter Biden Laptop, The Vaccine stops you catching Covid etc etc - I don't know the truth on Markles mum but neither do you

I dont know if Markles mother drinks the blood of babies either but I dont use that as a basis for repeating made up bollocks.

Although Im sure a few people on here will be repeating the baby blood rumour because they have now read it on the internet.

HendrixGin

Clanker
My take from this book…

It’s on Kindle Unlimited so I downloaded - free - to check whether it was as bland as the excerpts. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s an excellent single point of reference, establishing verifiable truths (not feelings) presented in a compelling, chronological, structured timeline. It’s just a bland read.

That said, I switched to listening to HG Tudors’ chapter by chapter synopsis on Youtube (more fun when Harry comes in the picture. He must be on ARRSE). Referring back to the book where necessary.

https://m.youtube.com/c/HGTudorKnowingTheNarcissistUltra

Back to the book. Unlike the frothing hordes of unverified one star reviews for the hardback, I’m not seeing a one-sided attack on Meghan at all. She comes across as typical modern lass of a certain type. A thoroughly modern grifter in the social media age, who reinvents, embellishes and when necessary uses folk to get ahead. With interests in philanthropy, social justice, activism etc. that last for the 15 seconds it takes to TikTok, or post on Facebook. In short, I’ve worked with people like this. Let he who hasn’t embellished their CV, LinkedIn profile or Facebook updates, or disowned their own family, throw the first stone.

The palace seem to be caught flat-footed over and over. They had a Gorgon in their midst but didn’t learn how to pre-empt the monster.

There’s no real factual counter by Bowers, either imo, to the ‘Emily in Paris’ innocent American abroad becomes ‘Prisoner of Zenda’ - ‘I was held hostage by the Royal Family’ facade she presented. There could have been more about protocols at least here.

This leads to the alleged suicide… I’m guessing Harry could have reached out to the royal ‘Medical Household’ at the palace, MO’s at the Household Cavalry, Household Division, Household Cavalry Association, plus medico friends of chums (not that he had many left); and he was also patron of mental health charities. In short, there was plenty of support available at his fingertips to help his wife. By god, if Meghan’s claims were true, in his shoes, I would have left no stone unturned. None. But my point is this potential support needed to be outlined in the book to demonstrate they chose to ignore lifelines, support and help available to them at every turn.

My personal view of Harry is cemented by the book. He’s trapped in ‘Little Brother Syndrome’. Jealous, bitter and someone who in another age, is malleable enough by others to land at Glenfinnan and raise the standards. And, with the way he’s behaving right now, I hope his end is the same.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
My take from this book…

It’s on Kindle Unlimited so I downloaded - free - to check whether it was as bland as the excerpts. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s an excellent single point of reference, establishing verifiable truths (not feelings) presented in a compelling, chronological, structured timeline. It’s just a bland read.

That said, I switched to listening to HG Tudors’ chapter by chapter synopsis on Youtube (more fun when Harry comes in the picture. He must be on ARRSE). Referring back to the book where necessary.

https://m.youtube.com/c/HGTudorKnowingTheNarcissistUltra

Back to the book. Unlike the frothing hordes of unverified one star reviews for the hardback, I’m not seeing a one-sided attack on Meghan at all. She comes across as typical modern lass of a certain type. A thoroughly modern grifter in the social media age, who reinvents, embellishes and when necessary uses folk to get ahead. With interests in philanthropy, social justice, activism etc. that last for the 15 seconds it takes to TikTok, or post on Facebook. In short, I’ve worked with people like this. Let he who hasn’t embellished their CV, LinkedIn profile or Facebook updates, or disowned their own family, throw the first stone.

The palace seem to be caught flat-footed over and over. They had a Gorgon in their midst but didn’t learn how to pre-empt the monster.

There’s no real factual counter by Bowers, either imo, to the ‘Emily in Paris’ innocent American abroad becomes ‘Prisoner of Zenda’ - ‘I was held hostage by the Royal Family’ facade she presented. There could have been more about protocols at least here.

This leads to the alleged suicide… I’m guessing Harry could have reached out to the royal ‘Medical Household’ at the palace, MO’s at the Household Cavalry, Household Division, Household Cavalry Association, plus medico friends of chums (not that he had many left); and he was also patron of mental health charities. In short, there was plenty of support available at his fingertips to help his wife. By god, if Meghan’s claims were true, in his shoes, I would have left no stone unturned. None. But my point is this potential support needed to be outlined in the book to demonstrate they chose to ignore lifelines, support and help available to them at every turn.

My personal view of Harry is cemented by the book. He’s trapped in ‘Little Brother Syndrome’. Jealous, bitter and someone who in another age, is malleable enough by others to land at Glenfinnan and raise the standards. And, with the way he’s behaving right now, I hope his end is the same.
Blimey.

I think you give rather a lot of credit, there.

I've slightly embellished by CV in the past, sure. Actually, I haven't. I've not claimed to have done anything I haven't but if I've been in and out of a temporary job whilst moving on to something else, I don't see that a few weeks driving a van to fill the gap needs to be on a CV that presents the salient points of my wider career direction.

There's rather a lot of difference between that and lying - yes, lying - during a high-profile interview with Oprah Winfrey, or continually briefing against people in the media via back-door contacts. There've been reversals of the truth - Meghan made Kate cry, not the other way round. But see victimhood.

'Grifter'? Certainly. 'Typically modern?' Well, I guess that that can be used to cover a whole mountain of sins, can't it?

If lying rejection of traditional values is modern, I want nothing of it.

Wow, I've got to the stage where the more I read, the more I want to. After a slowish start the claws are coming out, there are some wonderful subtle digs, damning quotes and Meghan is being reduced to her component parts, none of which is very appealing.

Nice dig at Eugenie too.

[incompetent whimpering] I can't even get into town to pick up a copy even if it has arrived. [/incompetent whimpering]

Although this is not ruining my life, as I am having a few days off the pair. I know.

I think it's always helpful to look at previous behaviour as an indicator. Meghan and Harry have been very keen to address anything they claim to be untrue and are keeping a raft of lawyers busy pursuing suits against those they claim have defamed them.

Two of Bower's previous subjects have sued him and lost, leading to his reputation for meticulous research. I'd be inclined to accept that what has made it into his book will be true, on the basis that he stands to lose not only money but his reputation if Meghan and Harry can prove that anything he's published is untrue. Further, publishers may relish 'warts and all' biographies of living subjects but they are generally risk-averse and I'd bet their own fact-checkers will have done a rigourous job prior to publication.

Let's see if Harry and Meghan sue.
It’s not quite that meticulous. He had to make significant changes to one book under threat of legal action and his book on Richard Desmond was printed in 2006 but never published, again due to threats of legal action.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wow, I've got to the stage where the more I read, the more I want to. After a slowish start the claws are coming out, there are some wonderful subtle digs, damning quotes and Meghan is being reduced to her component parts, none of which is very appealing.

Nice dig at Eugenie too.
What did she do?

Latest Threads