Revealed: The secret Soviet past of sleaze peer Truscott

Just when Lord Trustcott thought it couldn't get any worse (assuming the below is true of course!):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-secret-Soviet-past-sleaze-peer-Truscott.html

The Labour peer at the heart of the Lords sleaze row has secret links to Soviet Russia, a Mail on Sunday investigation has uncovered.

The party faced calls for a new inquiry into Lord Truscott in the face of fresh information about his astonishing rise to power, which throws new light on the 'love at first sight' account of how he met his Russian wife Svetlana in the former Soviet Union.

At the time they married, Lady Truscott was an active member of the Communist Party and her father was a senior Red Army officer at a secret military institute connected to the Soviet equivalent of the SAS.

The Mail on Sunday has also obtained new details about the couple's private fortune, which includes a £1million home in Mayfair, a country home in Bath and property interests in Russia.

Meanwhile, Lord Truscott faces new questions about his political career, and the way he has used it to promote and defend Russian leader Vladimir Putin and the country in general.

This newspaper has been told that Lord Truscott was awarded his peerage by Tony Blair in 2004 after offering private advice on relations with Russia.

He chose a double-headed eagle identical to Russia's official emblem for his heraldic crest as Baron Truscott of St James, then joined Labour's defence team in the Lords before becoming a Minister.

Official records show how Lord Truscott used the Lords as a platform to defend Mr Putin after his decision to invade Georgia last year.

Last night, the 49-year-old peer refused to respond to the latest disclosures.

But Tory MP Patrick Mercer, an adviser to the Government on security matters, said: 'I would like some assurances that Lord Truscott's activities are wholly in the interests of Great Britain.

'Since Lord Truscott is not willing to address these matters it is incumbent on the Labour Party to do so.'

Lord Truscott is one of four Labour peers being investigated by police after he was recorded by undercover reporters claiming that for £2,000 a day he could influence legislation by 'identifying people...meeting people, talking with people'. He denies any wrongdoing.

Symbolic: Truscott's coat of arms features Russia's two-headed eagle

In just 13 years, Lord Truscott rose from political obscurity as a borough councillor in Colchester, Essex, to a seat in the House of Lords.

He married a piece of Russian totty? In 1991. Goodness. Straight to Traitors' Gate with him. I mean it's not as if he was even a real Communist like Broon or Straw?

And the double eagle? Russia, Poland, anything that used to be in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. But nationalist, not communist.

So whars new, half the cabinet where card carrying members of the commy party in their student days, thats why they shoudn't be trusted

Random_Task said:
In just 13 years, Lord Truscott rose from political obscurity as a borough councillor in Colchester, Essex, to a seat in the House of Lords.
[/quote]

I take it his Russian wife is rich. These peerages don't come cheap you know!

He uses an Imperialist Russian device as his heraldic crest? I expect he's partial to the odd tipple of Lemon Vodka too. Good Lord, it's 1917 and the Reds are at the gates all over again. Someone better have a word with the Mercians quick!

What a lot of b*lls , still, it's an ideal opportunity to out KGB_Resident as the noble Lord :D

PartTimePongo said:
He uses an Imperialist Russian device as his heraldic crest? I expect he's partial to the odd tipple of Lemon Vodka too. Good Lord, it's 1917 and the Reds are at the gates all over again. Someone better have a word with the Mercians quick!

What a lot of b*lls , still, it's an ideal opportunity to out KGB_Resident as the noble Lord :D
Or Domovoi as the noble Lord's wife. :)

Ooooo Good Point WC! Come on Domovoy, hold your hands up to it :D

PartTimePongo said:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/25/article-1127420-032E2830000005DC-832_468x882.jpg

Lady Svetlana. My word she's built for proper loving, no mistake :D
PTP I never suspected you were a pervert :twisted:

Mark you she is real cold weather keep yourself warm material!

Did someone mention Lemon Vodka? Just a small one please.

Just a mental image of her advancing up the Duvet malice aforethought and "Zo, we meet again Meeester Truscott.." Can't blame the bloke for marrying her with indecent haste really :D

PartTimePongo said:
Just a mental image of her advancing up the Duvet malice aforethought and "Zo, we meet again Meeester Truscott.." Can't blame the bloke for marrying her with indecent haste really :D
Bit expensive though £72,000 is a bit steep. Or have I misread the headline?

Mind you if it's tax deductible ....................

PartTimePongo said:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/25/article-1127420-032E2830000005DC-832_468x882.jpg

I heard he got her from"Sexy Russian Scrubbers .com" internet white slavery for a cople of pairs of Levis

tropper66 said:
PartTimePongo said:

I heard he got her from"Sexy Russian Scrubbers .com" internet white slavery for a cople of pairs of Levis
You are a fukcing liar - and I am really disappointed because the website doesn't exist :( :( :(

rickshaw-major said:
tropper66 said:
PartTimePongo said:

You are a fukcing liar - and I am really disappointed because the website doesn't exist :( :( :(
Sorry my Russian translation is crap

PartTimePongo said:

That's what marriage does trussed up in a cot for marriage. This is what she looked like before marriage.

rickshaw-major said:
tropper66 said:
Try typing it in Bosnian. Might find something closer to home, and a damn lot cheaper. :)

Is Lord Prescott a PORG, or is that an unflattering camera angle? Lady Truscott does look like she scrubs up uncommon well.

Iv'e just seen Jack(call me Laurentia ) Straw on Sky telling us that members of the House of Lords must be British tax payers, mass exodus of ex Peers about to get under way