Revealed: Queens dismay at Blair legacy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, May 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Revealed: Queen's dismay at Blair legacy
    I'd love to know what HRH The Duke of Edinburgh thinks of Mr.Blair! :D
  2. HM can dissolve parliament at any time. Bit of a nuclear option but things are pretty desperate.
  3. Orrrrf with his head...
  4. I swore an oath of allegiance to H.M not Bliar and Liarbour or indeed any of the house of commons, so come on Ma'am we'll support you :worship:
  5. All well and good, but out of all the things the w@nker has screwed up, HM (more likely the author of the piece) chooses to focus on fox hunting and hare coursing? In mean really, that's the most aggregious sin commited in the past 10 years?

As for "the countryside", I really don't know where the people who purport to speak for "the countryside" are coming from. I grew up in a village of 300 people and in the past 10 years I can count on one hand the number of people I know who have spoken up in support of foxhunting and only a few more actually seem to care the other way.

As for Labour focusing on urban areas, a) that's where 4 out of evey 5 people live and b) most farmers are naturally Tories-so is it any great surprise that they get treated in much the same way Thatcher treated the miners? (And don't give my any "salt of the Earth/backbone of the country" sentimental crap. Most of the farmers I've met in the past 30-odd yrs have been utter cnuts.)
  6. CT
    Maybe your second point explains your opening statement?
  7. Not sure I get what you're driving at.
  8. Well the people you despise crab are people that put a lot into the country and help keep it running , they do a hell of a lot more than white lightning guzzling, labour voting, single mothers who havn't worked a day in their life.

I have moved from an inner city area to the countryside, I was expecting to meet people like from the shop from Royston Vasey (league of gentleman) ,but every day people stop me on the street to say hello, I have been invited round for dinner with people I've barely met, and I was lucky enough to visit the village before I moved on rememberance day, everyone wore a poppy and the church was rammers. I don't know a single unemployed person in the village nor have I heard of a single crime being commited out of a population of 2000 nor have I heard of any crime happening in the nearest town which has a population of 10,000.

the utter cnuts! I know there are all devil worshipping on the sly though.
  9. Mark, that wasn't my point. It wasn't a dig at people in rural areas in general. It was a dig at a miniscule percentage of the rural population. As it is, agriculture accounts for about 5% of rural employment. Manufacturing, by contrast, accounts for 25%. You seem to think that agriculture is the lynchpin of the rural economy. It isn't. The simple fact of the matter is that agriculture is diminishing in terms of its national importance and with the aging of the workforce it is, quite literally, a dying industry. I think less than 4% of those employed on farms are under the age of 35.

The Countryside Alliance et al are just a small, but very vocal, lobbying group who represent a miniscule fraction of the rural population who don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves. You don't see the likes of people who'd support the Countryside Alliance supporting £2bn of taxpayer-funded subsidies to any other industry that only makes up around 0.8% of the UK's national income. When I hear of them popping up at anti-globalisation rallies, then I'll start taking them seriously as a group that have actually thought about why agriculture is declining in the UK and why the rural economy and society is being transformed.
  10. Praps she means 'countryside issues in Iraq'.
  11. I feel so sorry for HM The Queen having to meet and be pleasant to this wretched slimy oik. Even more so, I pity the Queen that she occasionally has to greet the ugliest and most unpopular female in Great Britain.
  12. Jade Goody?
  13. CT, where do you live now? Islington??
  14. Interesting to see that HM shares the same basic feelings that HER forces and former members of HER Forces have.
  15. She knows which way her bread is buttered. In 20 years time, we will look bac on this time as a massively failed social experiment. Like we do on the 60's/70's now.