Revealed: How the BBC was used in attempt to discredit Irish Army Officer/Goldstone

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by kerryman, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Revealed: How the BBC was used in attempt to discredit Irish Army Officer and the Goldstone Report.

After the Goldstone Report was published BBC Newsnight featured a programme where Col. Tim Collins was used in an attempt to whitewash the activities of the Israeli Defence Forces during Operation Cast Lead in Gaza. Collins, who had earlier left the British Army as a very bitter and twisted man ( as described in his own book) was shown in various settings in Gaza and Israel lauding the Israelis and making excuses for them.

The military member of the Goldstone Commission was Col. Desmond Travers of the Irish Army. Col. Travers, along with other members of the Commission, has been subjected to a concerted barrage of personal and professional abuse ever since the Goldstone Report was published.

There were certain "oddities" about the BBC programme and now "Paul Martin" the freelance "reporter" involved in producing the Collins clip has been brilliantly exposed by Asa Winstanley of The Electronic Intifada.

Read his forensic disection of "Paul Martin" here.

And the story does not end here - more to come!
  2. Yeah, and?
  3. The question is- did Collins know he was being "handled".
  4. Sorry - I got to the heavily biased and selective summary of Col Collins' speech to his soldiers and realised the story is as bent and biased as an, I dunno, bent and biased thing.

It is not telling an honest tale.

To the hole with it.

5. Same here…
  6. Then enlighten me.
  7. LOL. No agenda there then. Fuck off and die.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.