Returning troops support

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Linda/nlpkeys, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may be in the wrong section here, and if I am - would someone direct me to the right one please?

From all that I've read and heard - there is little to no support given to returning troops (and their families) to help them with the mental scars they may be carrying as a result of their tours of duty in Iraq and Afganistan - it this true?

If so, I would be more than willing to assist with their/your issues and integration back into society on a voluntary basis. I am a Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and have methods and techniques with which to do this. (Incidentally - one of the co-creators of NLP - a Green Beret in Europe during the Cold War has generously offered to help me with this.)

If you can give me any information, or are interested in becoming a client - or just want more information - would you please let me know?

Thank you!

Linda Gillatt
    ps - it appears from a previous poster that this is not the case, that returning troops are getting all the support they need, so please disregard this message

2. http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

Try this Linda..

I was only joking about trying the Naafi bar...

You have a lot to learn.

But while we are here... tell me...are you married?

3. How do you take it Linda??

(And I'm not talking about your coffee, sweetcheeks!)

4. Linda - Read the sign above the NAAFI bar before going any further. I'd advise a long look at some of the other "banter" in here too just so you know what you're getting into. Keep the serious stuff in charities and welfare!

The Cad was being a bit of a bounder although he's now shown remorse - an unusual quality in such as he....

Now tell me old boy, is she married?

5. It wasn't remorse old bean.. it was lulling her into a false sense of security..

As if we soldiers have mental health issues... the very thoughts preposterous!

Wibble!

6. She read the sign, she should of known better..

Tell me, my little lumpy jumper, what colour knickers have you got on??? (Mine are white at the sides, yellow front, and a go faster brown stipe down the back).

7. Ahh come on go easy on the new girl she's trying to help, that was a cheap shot cad old boy.

I can't belive I just typed that

8. Cheap is what I do best Wedgy old chum!

9. AND cheerful but definitely cheap.

10. Well played The_Cad, If anyone on this website is showing PTS or any of that other b*llocks, then this is probably the right place to be.

I don't need help, not from no woman, they are the route of all problems as it is!!!

And the only reason I wet the bed is because I drink too much every night, so no signs of stress there for me. No no no, not me at all.

I feel so alone

11. You can collect underpants and pencils at the table by the door... :slow:

And indoubitabley...

...probably has something to do with the bed-wetting incidents. You should always check with your partner if she's into golden showers before, erm, indulging her! :p

12. I'm completely sane Dozy... and I have a note from an Army Psychiatrist to prove it!

13. Gotta love you guys!!

14. Sanity is relative.

As is probably the Army Psychiatrist.

15. Linda Nipplekeys wrote: Gotta love you guys!!

Thats perfectly true Linda... although you may have no memory of it..