Returning troops support

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Linda/nlpkeys, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may be in the wrong section here, and if I am - would someone direct me to the right one please?

From all that I've read and heard - there is little to no support given to returning troops (and their families) to help them with the mental scars they may be carrying as a result of their tours of duty in Iraq and Afganistan - it this true?

Thank you!

Linda Gillatt
    ps - it appears from a previous poster that this is not the case, that returning troops are getting all the support they need, so please disregard this message
  2. You should try the Naafi bar Linda... many veterans hang around there and would just love to discuss lingual stuff with a master practitioner of the art...

Are you a journalist?
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

A green beret in Europe during the cold war. FFS if you told me he was a Vietnem Vet it might hold some credence but if you think he can cut it you have a lot to learn, master practicioner or not.
    Anyway NLP's main claim to fame seems to be that Paul McKenna uses it to help fat knackers lose weight. Not exactly a recomendation is it:
  4. Thank you so much for that! And no - not a journalist! Just someone who has a genuine interest in assisting returning troops as I said in my post. I can't for one moment imagine what being in a war situation is like, but that doesn't stop me using my experience and practitioning skills to assist in helping deserving people!! As they'd say in Australia - people seem to be getting a raw deal here, and someone has to start stepping up to the plate to do something about it, instead of shaking of heads and a 'dear! dear!'

Again - thanks for your advice!

All the best!

5. If you really, really want to help returning troops Linda, persuade evryone you know not to vote labour in future!
  6. [quote="oldbaldy Anyway NLP's main claim to fame seems to be that Paul McKenna uses it to help fat knackers lose weight. Not exactly a recomendation is it:[/quote]

You may be right re Paul McKenna - its not the way I use NLP, and as I'm doing this on a voluntary basis no-one can accuse me of trying to do anything other than lend support and assistance.
  7. There used to be a Green Beret training school at Bad Tolz (the old SS officer training school), we did something there once, there was a fair few of them knocking about there.
  8. In which case Linda, offer your services to the following people:

If you are indeed genuine..

Pardon our cynicism on this site... it is a reaction to years of experience.. almost pavlovian in that it has become a conditioned reflex.
  9. Oh thank you Cad!! I'll do just that! And yes - the cynicism did take me a little bit aback, but not enough to stop me doing what I want to do! I too have lived in situations whereby my life as been at risk, so I know what 'that' feels like, and I have friends who are veterans of various wars. And yes - I know that voting Labour out may do the trick, but this is something I can personally do for people I have a high regard for and for whom I believe are - as I said - getting a raw deal. Now - I can do more to go into bat if I have people like you steering me in the right direction instead of just shooting me down!!

Best Cad!

10. Why, when I look at your name Linda/NLP Keys, do I say to myself Linda Nipplekeys? Am I sick?
  11. Now if I can just direct you back to the naafi bar... you shall discover the true meaning of danger Linda!!
  12. Cad - I've logged onto that site - BRILLIANT!!!! Thanks for that - I do appreciate your help!!

13. Well thanks for that!!!! :cheers: Are you sick? Are you looking for a professional opinion??? hahahahahahaha!! (best laugh I've had today - thanks - sick bastard!!) - oh dear - that wasn't very professional, was it?

14. As a person who is heavily engaged with my colleagues in the Defence Mental Health Services supporting mobilising/deploying/returning troops, may I suggest that you take a look at anything other than the popular press before spouting this kind of shite.
  15. Please reread my post - I came on here to find out exactly that!