As ANPR cameras have replaced real coppers in police cars in many areas, simply remove the plates or obscure them.
Ihad to MOT one of my cars a few last Month I didn't want to end up paying full Months for both of them, I took one in for the MOT on the 28th. it was still MOTd but in the earliest date to re-MOT it zone and insured. The other car I declared SORN on the 29th it was MOTd in January insured and Road Taxed. s you can't get road tax without an MOT I just made sure I had the Garages phone number in case I was stopped as it was a pre arranged time slot then I taxed it from 1/5. Anyway I've reported one of my ex-neighbours multiple times for not having Tax or/ and an MOT on multiple occasions only for nothing to happen.Right,
I am currently trying to sort out my SAAB convertible back to the road. Simple yes?
Oh ******* no.
1. Not insured? Yes as I am not paying for anything I am not doing. Stored on my land and not the highway.
2. Not taxed- Currently SORN
3. No MOT.
Now it's in my mates (pukka) garage being repaired to the tune of too ******* much. Ready any day.
But I am not allowed to tax it or insure it until it has it's MOT?
You know when for once in your life you are trying your hardest to do shit by the book to make the wife happy etc???
How was I meant to get it to the garage in the first place? (a mile away) heli drop? FFS.
Could you ring the Cunstabulary and say "look mate, I am driving this motor that has been stood for a few year up to get fixed and tested"?
It almost seems like they want us to drive lecky stuff, new and spangled, all emissionney this and that and farts daisies.
Can I make it simple.
Ladies, Gentlemen, Members, Lord's and Ladies of this country.
The options are thus.
1. Lecky cars, expensive, fast as ****....for about fifty miles. Then limp about for a bit.
2. Hybrid cars, no real difference to normal engines in performance or economy (a bit, but showing an effort and getting subsidies)
3. Diesel, Fantastic, so good we will tax it to shit like we do anything else that is good.
4. Petrol/Gasoline, Yep same as the above, works just fine ta.
5. Hydrogen, now I am surprised government think tanks have not promoted hydrogen more????? **** me they blow everything else up. Why not do it to the consumer at base level.
I just think the cards are stacked against anyone wanting to run a classic car nowadays.
Also I am pretty sure that Mr Otto was on to something and I do not think it was anything to the rise and fall of oil rich economies and false energy crises??