• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Returning 14--18 Medal.

Not really sure if this is the right forum, but if not could a mod please select correct one.

My daughter in law has given me a WW1 campaign medal that her mother found on a street in Bangor, NI, some forty years ago, and was wondering if there is any way it could be returned to the original recipient`s relatives, or even if there is a chance of contacting them.
The medal is in a pretty poor state with the attachment bracket missing.However the name is clear, but is a bit strange in that it refers to a "Corporal" in the RA, where I thought the rank was "Bombardier".
The name on the circumference reads -- "22750 CPL P. HURLEY. R. A."

I know there were millions of these medals issued, but I would like to return it to its rightful place if possible, so any help or advice will be gratefully received.



Latest Threads