Return to UK/Europe

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Accidental_discharge, May 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seriously thinking about making a return to the UK from Canada. What is the current employment atmosphere like over there for CC RNs?
  2. Why why why why why?

Why would you come back here? No, seriously - why?
  3. Longest I have ever been in one place, and getting sick of it.
  4. Oh! And this!

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Keep hold of the return ticket, give it a fortnight and you'll be back to Rockies before you know it. UK is now a melting pot of chavs, East European criminals, bent politcians and $hit weather; and thats the good parts!
  6. If CC is critical care they are good. Agency for a bit then full time. Denpends on where your gonna live. Check out:

Don't know whats gonna happen after the election in terms of cutting posts, but people are alway gonna be sick!

Careful what you wish for though, but I guess the grass is always greener. Good luck
  7. Try Mexico, I hear the weather is nice there...

UK is a rats nest, governed by a big "Brown" rat, but hopefully not for much longer...tommorrow will tell..

Stay the hell away, there will be many more "Brits" over there with you soon enough, it will feel just like home!!

As for your picture comparison of the 2 ladies, you obviously haven't been to UK for a while....
  8. and the people here are so negative!
  9. De NHS is about to get hammered. No agency in loads of places already. I guess there is always work for CC nurses if you fancy living back here. Try Bermuda?
  10. The one institution that will not get hammered is the clinical side of the NHS. If the NHS gets touched at all (doubtful) it will be to deconstruct the stupid layers of management and the QANGOs and free up clinicians to do what they do best. Triage-lead priorities are far better than target-lead.
    In terms of professional experience you cannot do better than the overcrowded, understaffed British hospitals, in terms of a frustrationless work environment you may be better staying where you are.