Return to Rochdale - good move or bad?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Various members of the great and the good are pronouncing on this across the media. The pro's are saying it shows true remorse, the antis are saying that it simply breathes so much life into the story that even the Americans have noticed.

Personally I wouldn't have gone back there for quids because the whole media circus was in town, on high alert and loaded for bear.

2. Great idea if only to spare some other members of the public from having to meet him :)
    Rochdale Rochdale so good I went there twice.

3. Was the second time, because you couldn't believe your eyes the first time :twisted: ...

4. FORMER_FYRDMAN

I'd love to know why one voter (so far) thinks it was a good idea.

5. He shouldn't have even had to make an apologly if he didn't open his trap. I would like to say well done to him for speaking his mind but when he does it by 'accident' in the back of a car it makes you question his reliability and loyalty...but then thats Brown for you :)

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Strangely, I think Blair could have carried it off, but Brown - what were they thinking?

7. It's all good. It really messed up his day today, caused upset amongst his closest aides and makes tomorrow harder for him to face. All is well. :twisted:

8. Who cares, this time tomorrow evening the focus will be on the last debate.

9. FORMER_FYRDMAN

That'll be the hope for Labour but their candidate is mentally the most brittle and this episode won't have done him any favours - and immigration is a topic tomorrow. I'll wager that:'Why does talking about immigration make you a bigot' or a variant of that, is going to be very high on the list of questions

10. :lol: :lol:

My bold: It does'nt IMO it's just certain elements of society think different, GB is in his 'comfort' zone discussing topics such as economics, however discussing the other' real issue's such as immigration & housing for example then it's a different matter.

11. Proverbs 26:11

12. ...blimey, killed it stone dead!

13. How can the UK Pm be overheard inside his motor ?
    john

14. He was wearing a Sky News radio mike - numpty forgot to take it off when he got in the Jag and it was still live.

15. There is equipment to prevent radio signals being allowed out(or in) to a vehicle!