Return to main page

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by _Artemis_, Nov 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Up until about a week and a half ago, clicking on the Mr Potatohead icon at the top left of the screen used to take you back to the main page. It's not doing that anymore - I found it pretty useful, any chance of it coming back?
  2. you sure you aint miss hitting the arrse word?? that always does it for me!
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It still does on Firefox. What browser are you using?
  4. Quite sure, cheggars :)

I'm using FF as well, PR.
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is a wierd one - looks fine to me also and I can't immediately think of any reason it shouldn't in any browser. It's a bog standard internet pic with a link around it. Does anyone else have the same issue?
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

What does it say if you right click on the image and then choose 'properties'? (more or less similar actions in most browsers)
  7. I have the same problem but if you click on the very tip of his rifle it works.
  8. If I right click and choose properties, I get an FF "element properties" box up, with "Miscellaneous Properties" on the first line and "Text language: English" on the second.

Same problem for me using IE, although no problems with similar banners on other sites.

Oooh, you're right about the very tip of the rifle!
  9. Yup, link is just above his head
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks - I don't know the cure yet, but the rifle tip bit should help me. It sounds like there is an invisible page component hanging over the top of him and having looked it's not such a bog standard image with a link as I thought. I'll crack it when I have 5 mins.
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Not the smoothest edit ever as those who've been using the site in the last few minutes will have noticed, but now fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
  12. Cheers GCO.