Return his Victoria Cross

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by BarryChocolate, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found the story below while signing the petition for heroes
    Petition for Heroes

Tul bahadar Pun an elderly gentleman who served in the British army as a Gurkha for some 22 years has recently been granted permission to live his remaining years out in this Country, unfortunately the Victoria Cross he won during one of his many battles was taken from him for so called safety (a pitiful amount of money was given to him for the medal)and placed on show in a museum. He recently visited this museum to see his medal but was denied the oppertunity to hold this small thing which means so much to him. So I call on every decent British citizen to sign this petition and get the prime minister to use his authoriy and get this hero his medal back.

Return his VC
  2. Hmmmmmmm, this story rings a bell... :D
  3. How does someone take a medal off of someone who has earned it? What possible grounds (legally and morally) could they have for doing so?

Not inflammatory, genuinely curious.
  4. Outraged and signed
  5. They didn't "take" it off of him, they offered him money for it which he accepted. That's called "buying" and whilst it may be distasteful it is by no means "taking". For my money I would be quite happy to see the sale of medals made illegal.
  6. I dont care i havent been outraged for ages and im not letting this chance go
  7. I am outraged that you have not been outraged for so long !

Outrageous !
  8. Im outraged the lazy little sh1t that delivers the sun and daily mail has been chucking them in the canal thereby denying me the chance to be outraged.
    yours sincerley
    Outraged of chester
  9. That is, quite frankly, outrageously outrageous ! In fact my rage knows no bounds on this subject !
  10. Outrageous was so last month guys...
  11. im incandescent at my outrage being out of fashion
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Forgive the lapsing memory of an ageing Old Fart, can you remind me? ;)
  13. Even my outrage is now outraged. It's outrageous.

(Edited for outrageous typing skills or lack thereof)
  14. I've moved beyond outraged....! In fact I'm outraged that I'm beyond outraged....!