Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrospective medical discharge and upcoming AFCS tribunal

Tav

Crow
Hi everyone I’m new here and did put a post up but think I’ve posted it to the wrong place. I’m in need of some advice...

Im an ex RAF nurse and after 2 tours of Afghanistan and working continuously in itu at sellyoak and queen Elizabeth hospital Birmingham it took its toll on me and I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2016.

I have been fighting with the AFCS since being diagnosed and have an upcoming tribunal in November which I have a representative from RBL helping me with. Just looking for words of wisdom for this as have gathered a lot of evidence discrediting their decision (they hadn’t bothered to get any of my medical notes past 2017) and said I was cured which is not the case and I am still being seen by psych. I have looked at all the posts relating to this and it has helped me greatly so thank you.

I have also just been awarded a retrospective medical discharge from when I PVR in 2013 and have a letter stating they recognised that this is when my PTSD started and have no record of me having a proper medical prior to my discharge. So I am just waiting on pensions getting back to me as I am now entitled to an invaliding pension (I’m on the 75 scheme)

My questions are;

will this strengthen my argument for my tribunal?

will my pension get back dated to when I left in 2013?

thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

Hi everyone I’m new here and did put a post up but think I’ve posted it to the wrong place. I’m in need of some advice...

Im an ex RAF nurse and after 2 tours of Afghanistan and working continuously in itu at sellyoak and queen Elizabeth hospital Birmingham it took its toll on me and I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2016.

I have been fighting with the AFCS since being diagnosed and have an upcoming tribunal in November which I have a representative from RBL helping me with. Just looking for words of wisdom for this as have gathered a lot of evidence discrediting their decision (they hadn’t bothered to get any of my medical notes past 2017) and said I was cured which is not the case and I am still being seen by psych. I have looked at all the posts relating to this and it has helped me greatly so thank you.

I have also just been awarded a retrospective medical discharge from when I PVR in 2013 and have a letter stating they recognised that this is when my PTSD started and have no record of me having a proper medical prior to my discharge. So I am just waiting on pensions getting back to me as I am now entitled to an invaliding pension (I’m on the 75 scheme)

My questions are;

will this strengthen my argument for my tribunal?

will my pension get back dated to when I left in 2013?

thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.
Two bits in bold, the first I'd be concerned about, with my experience of VA, as they seem to be saying you only started suffering from PTSD once you had signed off. Hopefully you can provide evidence that this is not so.

The second bit may well act in your favour as it appears they have no evidence of your physical or mental state on discharge. If nothing else there may be grounds for a legal case against the Army here but it most probably won't come to that.

If you haven't already applied for your medical docs I'd do so asap.

@Forces Pension Society are the ones to ask the pension questions to, joining them may well save you money and worry!

Latest Threads