Retrospective Claims

A mate of mine has recently submitted a disturbance allowance claim for moving into his own private house although this move took place in 2006. He received the allowance no problems.

I am asking if this is OK as I also moved into my own house in 2006 as was due to leave in 2007. I don't want to submit a claim that may prove to be fraudulent. I moved into my private house in Apr 06, unfortunately I was only in there for 18 months as my OH and I didn't really settle. We then moved back into SFA as I was given a 2 year extension on my contract.

Anyway basically I would like to know if I can claim Dist Allowance for the initial move into my private residence. Any advice from the JPA experts would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

From what you have said it appears you would have been entitled to claim disturbance allowance under the 'Final Tour of Duty' scheme. Check JSP 752 Chapter 7 Section 2 to make sure you meet the criteria. I can see no reason why you could not submit the claim retrospectively but I would speak to your FSA before submitting the claim.

Similar threads

Latest Threads