retrieving data from a knackered phone

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Fang_Farrier, Apr 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Mrs F has let the bairn get hold of her phone, once too often and now it is knackered. It's a LG touchscreen type one.

She now has another phone but it would appear none of her data is stored on her sim card and the new phone is therefore dataless.

I'm trying to upload everything off old phone including pictures via an USB cable, however my difficulty is when cable is plugged in it asks whether it is PC Internet, Mass storage etc, and cos the touch element of the screen is not responding I can't choose an option, so can't upload.

Any ideas from techy types as to how to either bypass this stage or force it through?

2. The LG Touch screen phones also have the capability to have a small memory card installed. It is on the right hand side, about a third of the way down. Check to see if one is in there PS It's smaller than a SIM card and usually black.
  3. Fang_Farrier

There's an empty slot, but if I pop in a memory card I can't do anything with it
  4. When I plug in my phone (samsung) with a usb cable, I am asked the same question, but on the computer. I choose mass storage by clicking on the computer screen and pilot everything from the computer. Of course, all this is probably no help to you at all, it just seems strange that it doesn't work the same way with your LG.
  5. To answer your question, yes! The police WILL be able to retrieve the images from a phone you have accidentally broken.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fang_Farrier

Thank but was hoping something didn't have to pay for and as phone is not allowing for selection of USB cable am not convinced it will work
  8. Have you tried downloading the desktop manager from LG which should enable you to access the 'phone?

LG PC Suite - Download