Retrading

Just wondered if anyone has recently transferred into the int corps and can give me the sort of timeline to expect from putting in the initial paperwork.

Many Thanks

jimbobtheblue said:
Just wondered if anyone has recently transferred into the int corp and can give me the sort of timeline to expect from putting in the initial paperwork.

Many Thanks
We have had a few people transfer into the Int CORPS recently, but can't vouch for the int Corporation. :roll:

eye_spy said:
jimbobtheblue said:
Just wondered if anyone has recently transferred into the int corp and can give me the sort of timeline to expect from putting in the initial paperwork.

Many Thanks
We have had a few people transfer into the Int CORPS recently, but can't vouch for the int Corporation. :roll:
I'll name that tune in one - Hues Corporation, Rock The Boat?

It's the simple things that rock our boat isn't it eye_spy :D

Sorry, is that retrading or retarding?

Yep, about 9 months here, from leaving to starting new unit

[/quote] FFS....get a grip...who cares??????[/quote]

I think you'll find most INT CORPS people on here fella!!

Numbty's like you often come on here asking for advice on transferring etc..and often get the basics wrong - this is a clear indication of a lack of research into something that 'you claim' you want to do.

Have a look at previous posts (of which there are numerous) about the subject, then if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

reebrov said:
chintonian said:
FFS....get a grip...who cares??????
I think you'll find most INT CORPS people on here fella!!

Numbty's like you often come on here asking for advice on transferring etc..and often get the basics wrong - this is a clear indication of a lack of research into something that 'you claim' you want to do.

Have a look at previous posts (of which there are numerous) about the subject, then if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you Reebrov.

In response to your drivel chintonian, there can be quite a lot of report writing in the Int Corps. If you can not be arrsed to ensure you spell things correctly, your credibility will be way down there with your chances of actually passing the course in the first place. :roll:

BTW, do you see how I sorted out your quote for you? Its called attention to detail.

eye_spy said:
...In response to your drivel chintonian, there can be quite a lot of report writing in the Int Corps. If you can not be arrsed to ensure you spell things correctly, your credibility will be way down there with your chances of actually passing the course in the first place. :roll:

BTW, do you see how I sorted out your quote for you? Its called attention to detail.
:wink:

chintonian said:
REALLY? Report writing?

Are you under the impression I was asking for infomation?

Been doing the job a few years now mate...just wish people would cut a bit of slack to those who do want infomation about joing us...which, if you look not very closely, you will see isnt me.

Perhaps people feel that an internet forum might be an informal chance to ask for advice, without realising that simple questions provoke such strange levels of rage in people...I know, I know attention to detail, its important in the Corps, but they arent in yet are they?

However, I wont be drawn! My mood is too good, as I enjoy a month of pre deployment leave.

No hard feelings about my "drivel" I hope.

Thanks for sorting out my quote, I was losing sleep over it not looking perfect.

All the best,

Chintonian
Without getting drawn into an internet p!ssing contest, but I am anyway.

I have no problem with people looking for information about joining or transferring to our Corps. However, the stickies at the top of the Int Corps forum will provide all the information an individual will need as will the AFCO's. It gets very boring and repetative when a new thread starts up asking the same questions over and over again. It is more galling when those asking the questions can not even get basic details right such as the spelling of the Corps they wish to join. FFS the title of the forum gives it away.

One months pre-deployment leave, you must have a very easy work place to allow that much time off before deploying, how are you going to be current when you arrive in theatre?

BTW Well done Fraser for spotting my deliberate mistake :oops:

chintonian said:
REALLY? Report writing?

Been doing the job a few years now mate...just wish people would cut a bit of slack to those who do want infomation about joing us...which, if you look not very closely, you will see isnt me.

Perhaps people feel that an internet forum might be an informal chance to ask for advice, without realising that simple questions provoke such strange levels of rage in people...I know, I know attention to detail, its important in the Corps, but they arent in yet are they?
agreed.

yes, it's mildly irritating that some people can't spell. but let's save the wrath for a) complete mongs and b) the office.

i think we've got increasingly bitter and intolerant towards potential recruits, to the extent that anyone coming on Arrse looking for some genuine advice gets a) a total savaging for accidentally calling it "int corp" and b) the impression that we are a bunch of complete knobs, that they wouldn't want to join anyway.

now that might be fine with some, but we don't know how many of these recruits we lose are good and how many would make it. we also don't know how many lurking potential recruits read the vitriolic, **** attacks about speeling and grandma... and decide to apply elsewhere.

what we could try is just pointing them at the stickies without annihilating them. or a reminder that whilst it's okay to spell like a mong on the internet, they must pay attention to detail when they get in.

fuck me, i must be getting old. :)

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
chintonian said:
REALLY? Report writing?

agreed.

yes, it's mildly irritating that some people can't spell. but let's save the wrath for a) complete mongs and b) the office.

i think we've got increasingly bitter and intolerant towards potential recruits, to the extent that anyone coming on Arrse looking for some genuine advice gets a) a total savaging for accidentally calling it "int corp" and b) the impression that we are a bunch of complete knobs, that they wouldn't want to join anyway.

now that might be fine with some, but we don't know how many of these recruits we lose are good and how many would make it. we also don't know how many lurking potential recruits read the vitriolic, **** attacks about speeling and grandma... and decide to apply elsewhere.

what we could try is just pointing them at the stickies without annihilating them. or a reminder that whilst it's okay to spell like a mong on the internet, they must pay attention to detail when they get in.

fuck me, i must be getting old. :)
Here's a novel idea, if you're looking for answers in an anonymous internet forum as to what the army (and the Corps) is like rather than listen to the various recruiters and decide it isn't for you why not fuck right off. This site has nothing to do with the army and is not the recruiting website, for good reason.

If you're mong enough to form your opinions from what is written on here then you were never the right material that we want anyway. My understanding is that we can pick and choose those we enlist and commission, so if this site is an unoficial filter then great. Those that are put off by arsse were never of the correct calibre anyway.

okay, sensible answer to OI&S. maybe some people joining up will look at all the official stuff, talk to their recruiters etc... and still come on here. in fact, many potential recruits have been directed here by the AFCO staff - how else do you think they hear of it?

and on entering this unofficial website, or maybe lurking a while, they learn who is serving and who is not. and what they might perceive is: a bunch of intolerant, impatient, pedantic wankers who rip them to shreds for not using a spell checker.

yep, it bugs the shoite out of all of us when they call it Intel Corp. i've been on here over 4 years and so have you. but for them, it's all new. they might genuinely not notice the stickies.

what might help is if the moderators could move the bone newbie threads and merge them into the recruiting thread? is that possible? so when BARBMONG17 asks the same old dumb question we get every month, it's just merged into the recruiting thread. if you don't wanna read stupid questions from potential recruits, you don't have to read the recruiting thread.

spunky, davros, is that technically possible? are either of you still online these days? it's been remarkably quiet... lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skintboymike RLC 2
G Royal Signals 18
Eyeball REME 8