Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Retiring from sex - When to call it a day?

When did/will you retire from bedroom shenanigans?

• I never really got started.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • In my 30s.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • In my 40s.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • In my 50s.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • In my 60s.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • In my 70s.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • In my 80s.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • They'll need to snap it off to close my coffin lid.

Votes: 77 67.5%

• Total voters
This post comes as a result of a conversation with a colleague the other day. He told me him and his missus have decided to call it quits on any further bedroom action. I know this happens at some point in most marriages but what shocked me is this bloke is only in his mid fifties! He said that after 35 years of marriage sex was more of a chore than a pleasure. I could maybe understand if he was pushing 70 or had a medical issue but mid fifties and fit as a fiddle seems premature (SWIDT) to me?

So a pole poll it is then!

In my 50’s, very stable relationship, or SO SWMBO tells me, I go for quality over quantity these days, I type having just had a bit of morning glory with Mrs SA....

Result..

;P;P;P

We’ve been married over 40 years and are now the proud grandparents of 4 beautiful nippers.
I’ll admit the bedroom antics had tailed off a few years back (the menopause apparently), but since we have been looking after the daughters two children almost full time, life has improved. We have one or the other (sometimes both) of the kids staying over 5 nights a week, but the other two nights are ‘date night’.. At our age, I reckon twice a week is pretty good going!
Keep on trucking until the end! :smile:

It's up to each couple/threesome/menagerie a trois. If the urge isn't there, don't force it.

I guess it could be a problem if only one felt that way and the other was still rating to go - still, that's why the Good Lord invented silicone rubber and Duracell.

The Citalopram and an upcoming circumcision have slowed things down a bit, but I'm fully expecting to get back to it.

Please!

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

I gave up on it 10 years ago, technically I gave up 12 years ago but in those first 2 years I still held out hope a bloke would be desperate enough.

This post comes as a result of a conversation with a colleague the other day. He told me him and his missus have decided to call it quits on any further bedroom action. I know this happens at some point in most marriages but what shocked me is this bloke is only in his mid fifties! He said that after 35 years of marriage sex was more of a chore than a pleasure. I could maybe understand if he was pushing 70 or had a medical issue but mid fifties and fit as a fiddle seems premature (SWIDT) to me?

So a pole poll it is then!
What he means is the wife has hit the menopause and he's been told to F**k off, more or less politely. It's clearly the norm from the veiled speech conversations the over 50 men have in the office. When it happens it's important to remember that a regular **** helps reduce the risk of prostate cancer.

What he means is the wife has hit the menopause and he's been told to F**k off, more or less politely. It's clearly the norm from the veiled speech conversations the over 50 men have in the office. When it happens it's important to remember that a regular **** helps reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
Phew.... so it’s for medical reasons! There’s a relief.