Retirement Pending

I'd due to retire next year, and wondered if any of you are retired and what do you do with your time.

Apart from my last 6 months in the Army back in '93 I have never had more than 2 weeks off at a time. I'm also lucky enough to have never been out of work.

Most of the things I've thought of bore me stupid, like gardening and stuff.

Much as I'd like to I can't see me spending my days down the pub either

:lol:

oldbaldy

LE
frog said:
I'd due to retire next year, and wondered if any of you are retired and what do you do with your time.

Apart from my last 6 months in the Army back in '93 I have never had more than 2 weeks off at a time. I'm also lucky enough to have never been out of work.

Most of the things I've thought of bore me stupid, like gardening and stuff.

Much as I'd like to I can't see me spending my days down the pub either

:lol:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=74148/start=0.html

elovabloke

ADC
Not wanting to take anything away from oldbaldy I know the RBL and BLESMA are always looking for case workers.

oldbaldy

LE
elovabloke said:
Not wanting to take anything away from oldbaldy I know the RBL and BLESMA are always looking for case workers.
I agree. My point is really that all the service charities are looking for volunteers. To your list I would also add Combat Stress & the ABF. Each has something to offer & each is different in what they offer the volunteer. A case of having a look and making a choice for your own circumstances/skill set.

Can I also add the AFF? I tried to sign up with them but there was no supervisor available in my area so instead I ended up as a case worker with SSAFA.

I like that one hedgehog ;)

Lucky Jim, what's AFF, that's a new one on me.

Wha I did think was that seeing as I live close to Birmingham I could go and visit the guys in Selly Oak Hospital

oldbaldy

LE
frog said:
I like that one hedgehog ;)

Lucky Jim, what's AFF, that's a new one on me.

Wha I did think was that seeing as I live close to Birmingham I could go and visit the guys in Selly Oak Hospital

Army Families Federation:
http://www.army.mod.uk/aff/