Retirement Pending

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by frog, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd due to retire next year, and wondered if any of you are retired and what do you do with your time.

Apart from my last 6 months in the Army back in '93 I have never had more than 2 weeks off at a time. I'm also lucky enough to have never been out of work.

Most of the things I've thought of bore me stupid, like gardening and stuff.

Much as I'd like to I can't see me spending my days down the pub either

:lol:

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=74148/start=0.html

3. Now there is a thought, thanks mate. I'll get in touch with them, cheers for the link

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Not wanting to take anything away from oldbaldy I know the RBL and BLESMA are always looking for case workers.

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I agree. My point is really that all the service charities are looking for volunteers. To your list I would also add Combat Stress & the ABF. Each has something to offer & each is different in what they offer the volunteer. A case of having a look and making a choice for your own circumstances/skill set.

6. Can I also add the AFF? I tried to sign up with them but there was no supervisor available in my area so instead I ended up as a case worker with SSAFA.

7. Full mash homebrewed beer,takes best part of a day to do and you can turn your home into the pub :D .

8. I like that one hedgehog ;)

Lucky Jim, what's AFF, that's a new one on me.

Wha I did think was that seeing as I live close to Birmingham I could go and visit the guys in Selly Oak Hospital

9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Army Families Federation:
    http://www.army.mod.uk/aff/

10. Thanks mate