Retired MOD90

I'm beginning to doubt the credentials of a certain c/s (L1). Something's amiss, so let the games begin.
Never in a million years was he. In fact, I don't think he's more than twelve years old. The plus side is that he does seem to have disappeared.

Probably been sent to bed by his mummy.

I still have my old RAF F1250, when I retired in 2000 nobody asked for it back. Useless nowadays as no one will have heard/seen one :)

I thought you had to show yours to get into block 3 bar as no one had ever seen you working in the tower ;-)
I spent all my time hiding either in the RWC or Mobile1/2. Out of sight out of mind!:)

As a reservist I had a nice new shiny 1250, but unfortunately I did have to hand that one back in.:-(

MOD90 was reissued to those who went on the Reserve list (1980's) it came with a Green booklet along with ID discs. On the bottom of Mod90 in the blank box was 'RES' in perferations. So I still have my one,still inside the Green booklet. Will have to dig it out of the kitbag,along with the wonderful 1980's kit Shirt KF,JHW,DPM Combats,Boots CH,Beret. We really had Gucci kit back then
Well I still have mine from when I signed up for RAR in 82 , but from memory It was typed on card, no photo, so strictly not an ID . I was in till ‘96, but never got a MOD 90. I had the rest as described.

Well I still have mine from when I signed up for RAR in 82 , but from memory It was typed on card, no photo, so strictly not an ID . I was in till ‘96, but never got a MOD 90. I had the rest as described.
Deffo a MOD90 it is the same one I used while in the Colours with 'RES' along with me as a fresh faced 18 year old photograph. Dug it out yesterday from the Attic along with the rest of the kit from 1985. Bloody hot in the Attic, will wait awhile before I return it

In the Green book is a card with 2x ID (Blank) that is for use as Active /POW ID as I'm sure the everyday MOD90 with photo etc would be handed in before deyployment . Maybe that is what you are thinking of

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don't mind admitting that my last day in the mob was a day to forget. I went in to the chief clerk's office and turned in my MOD 90. Said my goodbyes around the camp, turned in my car pass at the gate and drove out. As the barrier came down behind me for the last time, I blubbed. I blubbed all the way down Black Lane. Fear of the unknown, what the hell had I done, all those emotions. I got to the bottom of Black Lane, swung a left up the hill and onto the Blandford bypass and realised I was driving toward my future. All OK after that, but I wish I still had my MOD 90.

Here I am 16 years later, and I still haven't really let go. I've got an "Army" front plate on my truck and spend an hour or two a day on here. And I don't think I'd have it any other way. I joined in the first place with a sense of duty. I discharged that duty, and now I have a sense of satisfaction that I did that.

I'll take the new card, I earned it.
I cried like a child when I walked out for the last time. Rang the **** out the bell, walked out the gate, head held high, got in taxi, got round the corner and wailed the rest of the way to Heathrow.

I wish I'd spent that last day walking around the place a bit more..Looking for stuff to steal....

Kept my MOD 90, was never asked for it back but it irks me as it's a rank lower than what I ended on and I can't put it into collage frame of me in my best and my medals.

Maybe this is my chance!

I still have my old RAF F1250, when I retired in 2000 nobody asked for it back. Useless nowadays as no one will have heard/seen one :)
When I left in the late 80's they definitely wanted mine back. Perhaps that was more about not wanting me on camp again?

Deffo a MOD90 it is the same one I used while in the Colours with 'RES' along with me as a fresh faced 18 year old photograph. Dug it out yesterday from the Attic along with the rest of the kit from 1985. Bloody hot in the Attic, will wait awhile before I return it
The effort is appreciated. Bad enough in my office.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paragorge The Intelligence Cell 27
Good CO Jobs (Discussion) 20
W The Intelligence Cell 5