Retired MOD90

I assume your desperate financial state, allied with my comfortable income and extraordinary good looks, are the reasons you were stalking me until recently?

Glad to have put the final jigsaw piece in place.

Please don’t take this as a reason to resume your slightly embarrassing schoolgirl crush.

Hope that’s clear....

OK?
Yeah
I assume your desperate financial state, allied with my comfortable income and extraordinary good looks, are the reasons you were stalking me until recently?

Glad to have put the final jigsaw piece in place.

Please don’t take this as a reason to resume your slightly embarrassing schoolgirl crush.

Hope that’s clear....

OK?
I'd quit arguing whilst your both ahead...

What's wong with trying to save money in UK by any means anyway, it's not as if living costs are getting any cheaper

Personnel who have already left can apply for a MoD 91 card. The MoD has databases listing all who served since 1975, according to the minister."
Does that list include personnel that joined in 1972 and left after 1975 I wonder ?
asking for a friend coz I want one too :-(

Septics have been allowing retireds to keep their ID's for years, even their plods and federal types get to hang onto their ID with RETIRED stamped across them. Beneficial as there are plenty of places that offer 10% - 15% discount off goods or entrance fee's to serving and retireds. There are also places to go, courses to attend where career civvy's just cannot get a look in the door.
As to Septics (since I am one): Retirees do not keep their active duty or reserve ID's, they are issued a new DoD ID card which includes benefits coverage (Commisary, Base Exchange, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), and medical. Dependents of retirees (spouse, minor children) also get ID cards with the same privileges. Cards are also issued to a few other categories such as 100% disabled veterans. Recipients of the Medal of Honor also get the cards as they get the privileges even if not in the military long enough to retire.
I believe that former POW's entitled to medical benefits get the cards also.

Police and other law enforcement types get to keep a "retired" ID as they are benefitted by the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. The act provides that an active or retired LEO can carry firearms anywhere in the US without needing to comply with local laws. The act was extended to Military and USCG personnel who exercised law enforcement powers (MPs, Masters at Arms, etc) . The idea behind the law is that an LEO in his or her career may have arrested nasty people who might wish him or her harm if they were to meet somewhere away from his or her former jurisdiction. My cousin Bill retired as a sergeant from a department that had lots of dealing with outlaw biker drug gangs. He does carry much of the time. Due to this law he can drive from his home in Maine to his condo in Florida without issues with the myriad different licensing provisions along the way.

As to Septics (since I am one): Retirees do not keep their active duty or reserve ID's, they are issued a new DoD ID card which includes benefits coverage (Commisary, Base Exchange, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), and medical. Dependents of retirees (spouse, minor children) also get ID cards with the same privileges. Cards are also issued to a few other categories such as 100% disabled veterans. Recipients of the Medal of Honor also get the cards as they get the privileges even if not in the military long enough to retire.
I believe that former POW's entitled to medical benefits get the cards also.

Police and other law enforcement types get to keep a "retired" ID as they are benefitted by the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. The act provides that an active or retired LEO can carry firearms anywhere in the US without needing to comply with local laws. The act was extended to Military and USCG personnel who exercised law enforcement powers (MPs, Masters at Arms, etc) . The idea behind the law is that an LEO in his or her career may have arrested nasty people who might wish him or her harm if they were to meet somewhere away from his or her former jurisdiction. My cousin Bill retired as a sergeant from a department that had lots of dealing with outlaw biker drug gangs. He does carry much of the time. Due to this law he can drive from his home in Maine to his condo in Florida without issues with the myriad different licensing provisions along the way.
Jesus, I'm glad we don't have a law like that....can you imagine half of this lot cutting about with a concealed weapon!

Conceal carry an SLR? You carry that with pride my man
I’m sitting having a coffee and just people watching, and given the mention of the glorious bundook of vapourisation, I now have this image of all of us ‘Banner’ type vets, hard targeting around Sainsbury’s on their search for a pint of semi-skimmed.

I want my MOD90 back, but I’m not sooooooo sure that mentioning the re-issue of the worlds most devastating bang stick to vets is a good thing, even in gest.

It just makes us go all moist and gooey....Dammit, I’ve now got a craving for an egg bango.

Mr Happy

LE
As an ex Reg ex Stab living in Germany, 14 miles from a Commissary and PX I am all in favour of this. I spend a couple of hours a month browsing the USDA federally approved steak collection for BBQ's, the kids love all the MSG loaded blue food and I prefer the wider waste size clothing choices that American's get vs. the goose steppers. The MOD90 with my photo from 1990 that I don't have is permitted for shopping but getting on post is tricky given the post-9/11 post-security requirements. Fortunately and almost unbelievably I have American friends who serve and get me through the gate, though its no doubt a nause for them. I hope this recognition comes before I wear them out.

I don't so much mind the handbaggery - it adds tone and dash - but points liberally issued to those who clearly feel that the swear-filter in 'The Serious Bit' doesn't apply to them.
Rubbish, the "handbaggery" between those two half-wits simply makes a semi-interesting thread unreadable.

I don't so much mind the handbaggery - it adds tone and dash - but points liberally issued to those who clearly feel that the swear-filter in 'The Serious Bit' doesn't apply to them.
Are they allowed to swear in the thread about exactly the same subject in the Int Cell?