'Retired' Iranian soldiers captured in Syria

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Speedy, Aug 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What goes around comes around.

About time they gave us back our ****ing ribs and combat support boats too.

2. Well I can recall large parties of them regularly getting blown up in Iraq a few years ago, a little local nastiness actually won't stop Iranian pilgrims. However it's Ramadan not a usual time to travel and Iran has clamped down on pilgrimages to Syria precisely because of hostage situations like this, after all hostage taking is precisely what they would do in the rebels shoes.

While the rebels have a history of telling epic porkies it's not unlikely these guys are IRGC advisors. The rebels have threatened to kill them if the regime does not back off, Qom really isn't short of this sort of guy. That's not going to stop the net closing on Aleppo or Damascus, that was a trap well laid. The only consequence is any battered Saudi GIP guys who turn up may well get paraded before the cameras before being shot.

There's reporting the rebels are claiming to have killed a Russian General, denied by Russia, in JPo:

3. Quick question. Why do you write "edited to add" when you have not edited it?

Seems to be happening more.

Whats that?.......thread derail what?
    b

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's what you say when you:

a. Click the edit button and...
    b. Add something extra

Edited

To

Add

Do try to keep up Bond.

Basically, when you post something and need to add something extra too it rather than create a new post, and you think others may have already read what you have put down. It's useful when adding more facts or extra information without having to reiterate yourself.

5. The stupidity of religious pilgrims to continue into and through countries in the midst of vicious conflict or similar will never cease to amaze me.

However, you have to take a deep breath when you consider these 3 can't even blame religious fanatacism for their utter idiocy.

BBC News - Who are the US hikers?

Hiking around a war torn countryside for fun. Jollying up to border and unwittingly stepping into the land of Satan!!!!

Now why is that these 3 idiots are portrayed in certain media as innocent victims and upheld as heroes who should be allowed the freedom to travel where and when they want, and .... ????

6. Ok, nice.

So i have just edited my post above yours and it now says underneath it Last edited by target_stop; Today at 11:20.

I was under the impression that's what happens when you go back and edit, yet on your post that is not there.

7. But if you edit your post you get a notification below.

N'est pas mon laser?

8. Exactly my point.

People do it who copy somebody else that say something funny then write underneath it.

"Edit to add"

But you did not edit it, you just seen somebody else write it then thought i know, i will have me some of that goodness and just write "Edit to add" in.

Warm beer, gobby nigs, "Edit to add" people.

9. If you edit a post quick enough, the autopost comment does not appear.

10. Don't be coming around here with your facts and logic.