[Retired] Gurkha soldier attacked in Aylesford - for his wristwatch

[h=1]Gurkha soldier attacked in Aylesford - for his wristwatch[/h]http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/gurkha_soldier_attacked_in_aylesford_for_his_wristwatch_1_1747494 Dean Kilpatrick, Reporter Wednesday, December 19, 2012
12:07 PM

A police officer has condemned two young men after a retired Gurkha soldier was attacked in Aylesford.
The 53-year-old man was on his way to work at the Royal British Legion Village when he was punched in the face as robbers stole his Rolex watch.

He suffered a cut and also received a bump to the head as a result of the incident which took place in East Park Road at 4.25pm on Monday.

PC Ben Clatworthy said: “This sort of attack is the last thing that should happen to someone who has served their country.”

Police are now looking for witnesses to help track down the attackers, who are both described as white men, aged between 15 and 25.

One of the men is 5ft 6in, of stocky build and wearing dark clothing and a hooded jumper, whilst the other is 5ft 8in tall, of slim build and wearing a grey-hooded jumper and dark tracksuit bottoms.

Anyone with any information is asked to call Kent Police on 101, quoting crime reference YY/23399/12.
Alternatively, contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
I hope these two are found - in little bits.

Ditto.
Were they just chancing that he'd be wearing some expensive bling. Not likely that it would be on show in this weather.

DHE inspector was in this morning, he mentioned that a Gurkha who'd just completed his 22 had done a runner from his SFA leaving it in shit state....this was after the warning period for eviction.

I think it's outrageous that these superb, plucky little men should even have to consider cleaning their SFA after what they've done for our country.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Never mind the Gurkha, leave that to Plod, I am more worried that JoeCivvie has changed his signature block. Nice as the younf lady is what happened to the dancing lovely?

There is a whole British Legion Village?

That's a hell of a lot of cheap Tetleys, and dartboards.
You would think so, wouldn't you?

A village set up after the First World War so that old soldiers and their spouses could quietly live out their days, employed in RBL activities. What could be more tranquil for those returning from the wars?

Not the complete picture though, look where many of the defendents in this major scam live;

BBC News - Twelve sentenced for holiday scam

Never mind the Gurkha, leave that to Plod, I am more worried that JoeCivvie has changed his signature block. Nice as the younf lady is what happened to the dancing lovely?
The damn thing has been distracting me for the past hour. I may have to steal it and hide it in my documents folder.

The only surprising thing about this story is that an ex Johnny G owns a Rolex watch. Although at the age of 53, he would of certainly seen Hong Kong service and probably owned a couple of Wanchai specials....which means in this case, the two hooded Pikey's have risked jail time and the potential retribution from Johnny G for the sake of a £1.50 wrist watch.

Bads skills and drills on the Gurkha for not dropping at least one of them how ever good skills and drills on having his Rolex on if fake even better skills nice insurance pay out.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer

Have you been drinking agian, or put on the wrong specs again?

She's still there, and as far as I know she hasn't been away. I know because now I only look for Joecivvies name on ANY thread and go and look at his sig block, for hours and hours, I have even contributed to the thread dedicated to her. In fact should we not safeguard her by making it a 'chargeable offence' for any Joecivvie post to appear without said lovely dancing in the sig block?

The only surprising thing about this story is that an ex Johnny G owns a Rolex watch. Although at the age of 53, he would of certainly seen Hong Kong service and probably owned a couple of Wanchai specials....which means in this case, the two hooded Pikey's have risked jail time and the potential retribution from Johnny G for the sake of a £1.50 wrist watch.
I concur.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paragorge The Intelligence Cell 27
Good CO Jobs (Discussion) 20
W The Intelligence Cell 5