Retired American Green Beret Court Martialed

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Red Shrek, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. What is it about posts in the MN forum? Not an iota of comment from the poster. I'm sorry but that's just lazy. Not read.
  3. Good drills that man!

Lets hope he has a Colt 1911 close to hand if the scumbag returns.
  4. Only in America :roll:
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

By far my favorite bits

He was placed on trial by fellow Chapter XXXIII members under the charge of "failing to use a weapon of sufficient caliber" in the shooting of an intruder at his home in Knoxville, TN, in November.

I was about four feet away from him when I shot," Taylor said. "Looking back now, I'm glad he didn't die, but that boy had the hardest head I've ever seen. The bullet bounced right off."

Ponds outlined the case against Taylor, emphasizing that the citizens of Knox County were going to be burdened with significant costs to again apprehend, and then prosecute and defend the would-be burglar.

"Proper choice of a larger caliber gun would have spared the citizens this financial burden

Hash then floated a theory as to why the bullet bounced off the perp's forehead.

"He was victimized by old ammunition," he said, "just as he was in Korea and again in Vietnam, when his units were issued ammo left over from World War II."

I'd like to see that sort of defence used over here
  6. It doesn't need a comment, IMHO.

My favourite:

7. I was not trying to offer any commentary on this. I read the story and found it quite amusing. It's Friday and decided to share it with the folks on Arrse to have a laugh.
  8. I wish we could shoot chavs who nick anything not chained down, sadly we have stupid situations like what happened to Tony Martin
  9. Then just say that! :D

Not having a real go at you but it feels a bit spammy when there's no comment at all.

Have a good weekend - but we're closer to it than you are.
  10. It is rather amusing.
  11. A good reason to repael the ban on hand guns in my opinion.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Or even repeal the ban!
  13. Dyslexic typing strikes again!
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I hade a dyslexic spelling checker in my worm processor!
  15. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Next time Shrek can you give us a link so we can see where the story comes from please?