Retaining Rank from Regulars

Morning guys,

Quick question.

I left the regulars last year and joined the TA in April this year. I was told that in order to get my regular rank back I would have to do a trade course.

Someone has now told me that I should have kept my substansive rank and would have a couple of years to complete a trade course.

Really quite annoyed as I've been recieving NERP for the last four months now when should have been getting paid what I was in the regulars. The pay doesn't bother me that much as it's a hobby I enjoy now, but hate losing what I worked hard to get in the first place!

Is anyone able to shed any light on this please?

PS. Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have look but couldn't find anything!

Depends what role you are looking to go in to if its what you trained for in the Regs it is up to 2 years afterwards you have to apply

If its a not the role you go in to you may go in with a caveat that you have to complete a certain course for that cap badge.

i.e a non Inf Cpl joining a TA Inf Regt would have to complete SCTC

If its after 3 years you may come in at a lower rank

I left 2 years ago, joined TA last year at the same rank and on the same increment level as well. Took a while to sort out the increment level but when it did eventually get sorted I got a wad of back pay.

Mag_to_grid said:
I left 2 years ago, joined TA last year at the same rank and on the same increment level as well. Took a while to sort out the increment level but when it did eventually get sorted I got a wad of back pay.
Thats the one thing I failed to mention it can be a frigging nightmare getting sorted and your PSAO will have to be on the ball with it and keep on at APC Glasgow

Cheers for the responses guys, think I'll have a chat with the PSAO about it. Would like to retain the rank and increment level, just have to find out where it's written down so I have something to back it up with!

I think the other point worth mentioning is that you are generally entitled to keep your trades from Regs providing no more than 2 years have lapsed between leaving reg and joining TA. Sometimes a case can be made for an extension - i think. If your CEQ is from a different arm you will have two years after enlistment in the TA to qualify for the new Arm trade appropriate to your rank.