Results are in and it is leave the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'd even disagree with the term "professional" especially after some of the antics that have been reported!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Professional does not attribute any talent, skill or usefulness, just the fact they are paid - very well and see this as their god-given career path.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well off retirement age
That's a bit unambitious, wouldn't you like to retire early if you could or will you be happy to work until old age?

Go back to what we've always done: largely minding our business and making the odd bit of mischief; oh and stop subsidising the development of competitors (though the EU euphemises it as "partners").
Trouble is the world has gotten to be a much smaller place. Britain's influence of years gone by was achieved by having a navy sufficient to get around the globe, and collar a good portion of it for a captive market.

That unravelled fast when the Americans made it a loan condition that sterling become fully convertible, and the subsequent collapse of the Sterling Area ?

Given that those days are never going to come back, it might make much sense to team up with such as the Frogs and Germans in order to be partners truly world sized industry ? Think of Airbus standing toe to toe with Boeing, if it were not for European co operation that simply would not be the case, as no single European nation could boast aerospace capacity to achieve such presence.

Sadly, Britain doing its own thing in the 21st century is more than likely to end up as Britain having to compete with others to supply components to what others are making. That means sub contractors pay whilst the big money goes to the sellers of finished items.

That's a bit unambitious, wouldn't you like to retire early if you could or will you be happy to work until old age?

A couple of decades off the state pension, give or take a few years. I'll probably ease into semi retirement eventually. Thankfully I enjoy my vocation, so I'm in no rush

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A couple of decades off the state pension, give or take a few years. I'll probably ease into semi retirement eventually. Thankfully I enjoy my vocation, so I'm in no rush
Personally while I stay in academia, no wish to retire. Paid a decent salary to discover new things about the brain - fantastic. Probably why many of them carry on publishing into their 80s.

Although one of the guys in the lab I did my PhD is now working as a statistician - he only works three days a week and pulls in 50k a year - so at 30, it could be argued he's also semi-retired, so the option is there if I want.

I ou'rewould ask someone born in the UK with British parents, but without a British passport whether they are a British citizen. I think the answer will be yes.

Added to that a modern British passport has "European Union" in gold letters above the United Kingdom part.

In conclusion I don't think you point is valid.
Whether you think the point is valid or not is irrelevant. So the fact that I was born in Germany entitles me to be a German citizen? I consider myself to German as well. Lets see if that works.

It is entirely the British Government's right to put whatever it pleases on it's passports, beside the block colour is agreed to be maroon.
They were talking about that provided the UK did the same for persons from other EU states who are resident in the UK.

I THINK the stumbling block is that the EU were asking for said "right to remain" to be valid even if the person gave up said residency by moving back "home" or elsewhere in the EU for an extended period of time.
There are two issues- right to remain is one thing, leave to enter is another.
Everyone effectively asks leave to enter- the right remain is a prerogative thing. It's dependent on Government policy and is conditional.
If you are a not EU resident and have ILR, Then the right to remain is implicit until it's ended by one party or the other otherwise your'e subject to visa restrictions. British citizens still ask for leave to enter, it's granted on the basis of their citizenship.
There will probably be no issue with the "leave to enter" bit. I can't even see an issue with the right to remain for most EU workers/residents initaly, but I can see dropping the no questions asked bit as the reason for their visit/ stay.

Not a dictatorship, either?
As it's an academic source it's how 'they' interpret dictatorship.

Various other sources may of course challenge this.

Despite for or against, the priority is ensuring the UK focusing in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.