Results are in and it is leave the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having bothered to read this to see if there is anything new in the debate, I can faithfully report that it is poorly written and so blatantly partisan that it's inconsequential.

As a site forged from the furnace of military backgrounds, one might have thought that a culture of constant improvement would be applied to any strategy of conflict.

DS verdict: Show again estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, Campbell would know about telling fibs. He explains the spin behind the 80% claim, which I'd have thought you'd approve of taking your comments above into account. Which part of it is inaccurate?

Looking at how the Pound has been trashed, I wonder what will be the impact on the thinking of holidaymakers as their foreign holidays suddenly got more expensive?

Then there will be the issue of whether after 2019 holidaymakers will still have as much access to cheap flights until a deal is done over openskies.

Loss of high earning jobs from the city, higher prices on some items and a real kick in the teeth for Just in Time manufacturing - there are going to be some years of pain for the UK.

All in all, I am not feeling the love for the English and the drawbridge is being pulled up and the portcullis dropped.

Looking at how the Pound has been trashed, I wonder what will be the impact on the thinking of holidaymakers as their foreign holidays suddenly got more expensive?

Then there will be the issue of whether after 2019 holidaymakers will still have as much access to cheap flights until a deal is done over openskies.

Loss of high earning jobs from the city, higher prices on some items and a real kick in the teeth for Just in Time manufacturing - there are going to be some years of pain for the UK.

All in all, I am not feeling the love for the English and the drawbridge is being pulled up and the portcullis dropped.
We're still leaving

Some air tickets for summer 2019 already have a clause in them to inform travellers they may not be valid.

Ryanair 'will have to suspend UK flights' without early Brexit aviation deal

Having bothered to read this to see if there is anything new in the debate, I can faithfully report that it is poorly written and so blatantly partisan that it's inconsequential.

As a site forged from the furnace of military backgrounds, one might have thought that a culture of constant improvement would be applied to any strategy of conflict.

DS verdict: Show again estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's from a Campbell, and we all know that we should never believe the words of, nor should we ever trust, a Campbell.

Like any "spin doctor" he makes sure his words are tailored to the audience he is interested in. And given that he is writing for a "newspaper" (a term very loosely used) that's sole raison d'être is to push any old crap that is anti-Brexit he can write whatever drivel he wishes due to being in a bubble. And given that the Campbell is the "editor at large" for the rag, he can spout anything he wants as well as help "guide" the direction of the publication (downwards, by the look of circulation figures. That there Remain campaign is VERY popular).

So we have a Blair mouthpiece with total control over his own dribbling placing articles in an unashamedly biased pro-remain propaganda crap-stirring rag which has a circulation of circa 20,000. That means they are as much independent sources of information and as relevant as Wings over Scotland and Newsnet Scotland, anything there cannot actually be used as any source of information without acknowledging the biased nature of the "publication" as this is way beyond the bias seen in the MSM. The fact that Campbell is a proven and known liar, thanks to his exploits with Blair, means that his opinion is worthless, at best, and just needs some parts translated into bad german to bring the gibbering to the standard that is suitable.

Like the "newspaper", like Campbell himself, the words are nothing more than a Bugsy-esque rant, which is why someone went scouring through the internet to find something, anything, that suited his intellect and writing style, words he could understand even though they don't actually make sense, something that just perpetuates the same old, this time with a political twist, rather than actually do some thinking and come out with rational proposals to actually help better the country in the post-brexit aftermath.

Doesn't matter what the deluded want, Brexit is happening and the only thing that can be changed is how "harsh" that is. Like little children who have been told they're not getting <insert "Jouet du jour" here>, we have grown men throwing massive tantrums because they didn't get what they wanted, tantrums which have lasted 12 months, so far, and will continue until the day they die, and that means they should be put to bed as they are not helping.

Last edited:

Having read that and all the other negative views I have decided I was wrong and want my vote back.

Only joking.

Quite right, if we are dealing with the EU then surely one embassy for all of them would do!
In Brussels!

Well, Thursday should show the direction things are going; and the truth will start to emerge about whether the UK is going to pay a bill or not.

And people might not have time for Campbell - which I can understand fully, but the bluffing baboon Boris is going to get his public comeuppance - notice the changing tone emanating from the Cons - from they can go whistle to we will meet our obligations/commitments.

The Europeans will be struggling to hide their tears of laughter.

Well, Thursday should show the direction things are going; and the truth will start to emerge about whether the UK is going to pay a bill or not.

And people might not have time for Campbell - which I can understand fully, but the bluffing baboon Boris is going to get his public comeuppance - notice the changing tone emanating from the Cons - from they can go whistle to we will meet our obligations/commitments.

There has been no change of tone. The Government publically stated some time ago that it would pay for things it had signed up too pre referendum. Boris used the word 'excessive' in his whistle quote, he didnt say we wouldnt pay!!

Once more, since there does seem to be some wilful ignorance here, the Pound had been steadily dropping since June 2014, remove the unnatural pre-Breferendum bubble and the pound would have been likely to have been at around the same value anyway, and would not be much higher without the post-Breferendum drop. So there's not actually an argument there from you unless you ignore what was happening pre-Breferendum.

Figures for tourists from the UK to other countries show a small RISE for April 2017 compared to April 2016, and if you follow the figures from ONS you see that there is no reason to think that the upwards trend seen over the last 3 years is changing. Prices have risen, that is true, but factors other than currency seem to be at the fore regarding how some are changing destinations (Spain has been losing out thanks to price increases by the hotels themselves, people have been booking Greece and the Adriatic instead, as an example). Am hunting for figures, but it doesn't look like the overall package holiday market has been hit due to Brexit.

The "Single European Skies" will continue, there will be so much pressure from others that the politicians will have no choice. O'Leary is talking nonsense, he'll be at the forefront making sure nothing changes as he will lose too much money. Countries from outside the EU are already members of Eurocontrol and SES II, only madness, spite and bitterness would make idiots play silly buggers with transatlantic flight by not agreeing to keep things going as they are as I do not think the ECJ has supremacy there (that's the crucial part about many of these "smaller" organisations, the reason for pulling out of Euratom, the supremacy of the ECJ. If that doesn't happen then I fail to see any objections as it's then just another international agreement).

You mean loss of SOME high earning jobs, with the possibility of an overall increase in the future. Possibility of a loss, true, but more likely a rise, imo, as the UK stays outside EU regulation, restrictions and taxation. Those moving will be concerned with Euro trade, but there's a hell of a lot of other trades out there which could then fall outside these incoming EU regs and they will be crucial depending on how the UK sets up it's regulatory scheme.

Oh, and the vote did mean that your last part was going to happen anyway, there is no other sort of Brexit than a "hard" one, any compromise by either side will mean they get mullered for being "weak". All we have now is the pre-drinks posturing, the fun starts when they give Juncker the keys to the drinks cabinet.

There will be a bill, which might be refunded one way or another in another way so both sides save face, but it will be nothing like what the EU are moonhowling about now.

As I say, we're still at the posturing stage, only a fool would be taking words said now by either side seriously as we know the reality will be very different.

Once more, since there does seem to be some wilful ignorance here, the Pound had been steadily dropping since June 2014, remove the unnatural pre-Breferendum bubble and the pound would have been likely to have been at around the same value anyway, and would not be much higher without the post-Breferendum drop. So there's not actually an argument there from you unless you ignore what was happening pre-Breferendum.

Figures for tourists from the UK to other countries show a small RISE for April 2017 compared to April 2016, and if you follow the figures from ONS you see that there is no reason to think that the upwards trend seen over the last 3 years is changing. Prices have risen, that is true, but factors other than currency seem to be at the fore regarding how some are changing destinations (Spain has been losing out thanks to price increases by the hotels themselves, people have been booking Greece and the Adriatic instead, as an example). Am hunting for figures, but it doesn't look like the overall package holiday market has been hit due to Brexit.

The "Single European Skies" will continue, there will be so much pressure from others that the politicians will have no choice. O'Leary is talking nonsense, he'll be at the forefront making sure nothing changes as he will lose too much money. Countries from outside the EU are already members of Eurocontrol and SES II, only madness, spite and bitterness would make idiots play silly buggers with transatlantic flight by not agreeing to keep things going as they are as I do not think the ECJ has supremacy there (that's the crucial part about many of these "smaller" organisations, the reason for pulling out of Euratom, the supremacy of the ECJ. If that doesn't happen then I fail to see any objections as it's then just another international agreement).

You mean loss of SOME high earning jobs, with the possibility of an overall increase in the future. Possibility of a loss, true, but more likely a rise, imo, as the UK stays outside EU regulation, restrictions and taxation. Those moving will be concerned with Euro trade, but there's a hell of a lot of other trades out there which could then fall outside these incoming EU regs and they will be crucial depending on how the UK sets up it's regulatory scheme.

Oh, and the vote did mean that your last part was going to happen anyway, there is no other sort of Brexit than a "hard" one, any compromise by either side will mean they get mullered for being "weak". All we have now is the pre-drinks posturing, the fun starts when they give Juncker the keys to the drinks cabinet.
The 'Like' is for O'Leary talking nonsense. He is and his rivals BA, Wizz Air and EasyJet and, to a lesser extent, BMI Regional will all clean up his routes and slots if he is not careful.

The 'Like' is for O'Leary talking nonsense. He is and his rivals BA, Wizz Air and EasyJet and, to a lesser extent, BMI Regional will all clean up his routes and slots if he is not careful.
Given how much MoL has been lashing out at the EU previously over regulations, etc, I would have been expecting him to tell the EU he would be moving out. Instead he's standing by them, proving why the hypocritical effing leprechaun should never be seen, never mind heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.