Results are in and it is leave the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the original query was in relation to the lovely Baroness Ashton , a character I've mentioned before, and her all out campaign to create the EU masterpiece that @ex_colonial refered to, the EU diplomatic service.
Clearly, one of the belters has gone off at the deep end, as is their wont to do, and completely misunderstood.
I'd like to see them defend that particular quango for the benefit of U.K. Plc.
Like her (at the behest of.....?) meddling in the Ukraine?
That turned out well then?

Brexit pathology: Leave’s latest lie shows the trouble they are in
Brextremists are concerned, the debate about whether we leave really is over. But it really isn’t, is it? In fact, might the reason the Brexiteers are getting a bit panicky is that they know from their contacts in their constituencies, and from businesses in virtually every sector, that with every day the Brexit cliff-edge gets closer, the desire to pull back gets stronger?

Brexit pathology: Leave’s latest lie shows the trouble they are in

Well, colour me surprised.

I was just going to post that, either TND has flipped or the disgraced Liam Fox is preparing the faithful for a transitional arrangement, Because he's not allowed to do what we all knew he wasn't allowed to do.

I was just going to post that, either TND has flipped or the disgraced Liam Fox is preparing the faithful for a transitional arrangement, Because he's not allowed to do what we all knew he wasn't allowed to do.

Cracking job, though, lots of dosh but not actually able to do anything.

You're probably showing a wee bit of bias there, if you'd like to investigate further I'd highly recommend the links here:

Apart from The Reuters Institute study looked at the press, and after weighting for readership and visibility they found that pro-Leave articles outnumbered pro-Remain articles 68:32 they're good reading to a get a broader view. The Kings report is a good overall perspective and ends with this:

Yet much of the acrimony, partiality and suspicions of dishonesty that characterised the campaign has remained. The consequences of the EU Referendum campaign are still being played out, and will continue to be throughout the period that Britain negotiates its departure from the EU and beyond. The implications of a divisive, antagonistic and hyper-partisan campaign – by the campaigners themselves as much as by many national media outlets – is likely to shape British politics for the foreseeable future.

Tell me it's a wrong conclusion. You can see it on this thread.

mainly macro: The media’s unbalanced referendum
I consider myself an 'average/mainstream' sort of individual when it comes to everyday life as probably most on this forum do I would expect. As such, when I get the opportunity or feel the need I watch mainstream news, read mainstream press of various persuasions to get an overall viewpoint and as a result I am left with an opinion which supports my original quote. In the words of the (not so late....or great) Roy Walker, I say what I see!

I consider myself an 'average/mainstream' sort of individual when it comes to everyday life as probably most on this forum do I would expect. As such, when I get the opportunity or feel the need I watch mainstream news, read mainstream press of various persuasions to get an overall viewpoint and as a result I am left with an opinion which supports my original quote. In the words of the (not so late....or great) Roy Walker, I say what I see!
Did you read the reports though?

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Having bothered to read this to see if there is anything new in the debate, I can faithfully report that it is poorly written and so blatantly partisan that it's inconsequential.

As a site forged from the furnace of military backgrounds, one might have thought that a culture of constant improvement would be applied to any strategy of conflict.

DS verdict: Show again estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having bothered to read this to see if there is anything new in the debate, I can faithfully report that it is poorly written and so blatantly partisan that it's inconsequential.

As a site forged from the furnace of military backgrounds, one might have thought that a culture of constant improvement would be applied to any strategy of conflict.

DS verdict: Show again estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not blatantly partisan....but obviously true to people able to see what is going on.

Brexit: the day the whistling ended

As pro-Brexit ministers attempt to bluster or chuckle their way through any form of scrutiny, the EU negotiating team is there waiting patiently, knowing the clock is ticking away. There will be attempts by ministers and their supporters at avoidance, evasion and diversion. There will be name-calling and strident demands for patriotism. There will be blame-mongering and jockeying for succession. But what there will not be is any relevant minister taking this as seriously as the EU is doing. This week may have seen the day when the whistling stopped. But far more important is what Britain will have to show for itself when the ticking of the clock stops in just over 20 months’ time, and is replaced by the sound of silence. Even Mr Johnson may fail to raise a smile then.

Subscribe to read

Status
Not open for further replies.