Results are in and it is leave the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
This thread is to discuss the Leave result for the referendum.

What next? Who will lead negotiations?

This is current affairs and normal posting rules apply.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
What next?

What does the future look like?

Thread is open to discuss based on results and predicted outcome.

Barring a miracle it looks like it is Out.

Interesting times ahead Guns and it will be interesting to see which MPs have jobs on Monday morning. Boris to stage a coup is on the cards as Cameron's position seems pretty untenable.

From t' other thread:

If it stays like this Nigel will be out of a job.
Start trade negations Monday, sign the divorce papers next year.
I'd like to see him leading the negotiations...

...that would really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Plus of course he has real world experience of financial trading.

The government now can take a breath to consider how we leave without, breaking the EU it will do that itself, the markets are volatile that's not news and the markets will settle... Measured thoughtful actions will trump panic moves. The Bank of England should also make thoughtful actions... And fire Carny

Interesting times ahead Guns and it will be interesting to see which MPs have jobs on Monday morning. Boris to stage a coup is on the cards as Cameron's position seems pretty untenable.

No a coup wont be the actions of the intelligent members of the conservative party, and while he will be a dead man walking he was always going before the end of this parliament.

Ok, it's going to be fine, we're a spectacular country. I know you doubted us in the last few months, but we're good. We're solid, strong and in a great position. Calm down. If you're British then you will know what it means to punch above your weight and fight like a demon. That's where we're at. Well Done UK.

@Guns, the link in your closing post on the EU Referendum thread just took me to a previous post in the thread. Could just be me, and people should be smart enough to find this one, but thought I'd let you know.

Sinn Fein is already on the bandwagon and calling for a united Ireland referendum.

Edited to provide clarity to the hard of thinking

Last edited:
From t' other thread:

I'd like to see him leading the negotiations...

...that would really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Plus of course he has real world experience of financial trading.
He also, on Sunday, dismissed the impact of a sharp fall in the value of Sterling.

How much more will it cost me to fill my car in a fortnight Nigel?

Lucas is still in denial about the reasons that brexit is happening. But she still wants to play the bigot and racist little Englanders are stupid card

England is going to get a shoeing, Scotland will leave and Wales will be more backward than when the Romans were last here.

Almost half the Country do not want to leave. Could the Brexits address that issue please?

What next?

What does the future look like?

Thread is open to discuss based on results and predicted outcome.

Barring a miracle it looks like it is Out.
Predictions?

Cameron and various others fall on their swords.

Three days of a smelly brown fluid running down the streets of Brussels.

Money markets initially in turmoil before calming down fairly quickly.

Eventual outcome? Plenty rhetoric from certain countries in the EU, but a relatively quick deal to minimise the effects on trade.

And I will have a truly stinking hangover over the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.