Result! - League Against Cruel Sports

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Jan 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before Christmas I posted a thread concerning these people, and their daft mistake by advertising a Freepost address for folk to send in donations.

The hand of God has been at work - and lo and behold, I can't find any trace of it on ARRSE! Have we a bunny-hugging MOD at large?

May I refer you to an article seen in the most recent edition of Horse & Hound (12 Jan 06), page 5:

League threatens to sue over post

A pre-Christmas Freepost fund-raising drive by the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS) is the subject of a police investigation in the wake of unwanted donations ranging from a dead squirrel to old copies of H&H.

LACS solicitors have written to The Sun and the Evening Standard, which published the Freepost address.

In his column, The Sun's Jeremy Clarkson wrote: "If you were to send them (LACS) say, an empty envelope, they would have to pay the postage. Which means they've less to spend on their gear. Just a thought. I'm going to send a paving stone. Or a horse."

A LACS spokesman estimated the cost at £10,000, and said legal action was still being considered......

2. Given that no crime has been committed, bring on the lawsuit!

3. Queensman,

I noticed that yer post had been wiped, but not before I got my jiffy bag in the post! Best Christmas ever!

4. HAHAHAHA.

nice one, fek'em.

5. :twisted: its not big or clever
    but funny as **** :p

6. Will it work for OXFAM?

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Seen this gem ?

Now I know there are widely varying opinions amongst the shooting public on coursing, but I thought it great that the Lettuce And Carrot Scoffers were giving a wng to... Vinnie Jones !

It was in the MSN entertainment news of all places.

Still, I must admit I'd find it very entertaining to watch a pale, spotty, dreadlocked soap-dodger wading in to sort young Vinnie out.

http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.aspx?as=adarticle&f=pa_showbiz&t=3982&id=2098349&d=20060116&do=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk&i=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/mediaexportlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252
    My bold throughout the text.

"His support for the cruel sport is only serving to popularise and glamorise it to others, especially young people"
    The problem being ?

That's it, get him tanked up then tell him what to do ! :lol:
    I hope Dr Evans can self-administer first aid.

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Met Vinnie once. Nice chap, mine you it was Aug 12 & he had a nice pair of 12 gauge with him.

9. You know the squirel honestly might be my doing...... I'm sorry League against cruel sports I wish I hadn't told a game keeper the adress or posted it all over the internet please don't sue me! Hah feckers severs them right I'm very pleased with the £10,00 figure. :lol:

10. If one wished to post an... unusual... donation to those fine upstanding chaps and chappesses, would anyone perchance have the freepost address to hand?

11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

12. They have a phone number aye?

13. Anyone got a spare FV432 they don't want that we can strip down for research into postal efficiency systems only, you understand...condone such goings on? Never! Totally naughty. Bad boys and girls.

Anyway I must just drop a line of support to them for the fine job they do at:

LACS, Freepost SE 5087, London SE1 1BR

14. Oops. Did I click SUBMIT rather than CANCEL...? Oops again.

15. B0llocks and here's me having ran out of old phone books looks like a trip down argos or (p)ikea is in order to nab some more catalogues!!! or failing that a few house bricks off the local building site!!! salad eating cnuts!!!!