Result! - League Against Cruel Sports

Before Christmas I posted a thread concerning these people, and their daft mistake by advertising a Freepost address for folk to send in donations.

The hand of God has been at work - and lo and behold, I can't find any trace of it on ARRSE! Have we a bunny-hugging MOD at large?

May I refer you to an article seen in the most recent edition of Horse & Hound (12 Jan 06), page 5:

League threatens to sue over post

A pre-Christmas Freepost fund-raising drive by the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS) is the subject of a police investigation in the wake of unwanted donations ranging from a dead squirrel to old copies of H&H.

LACS solicitors have written to The Sun and the Evening Standard, which published the Freepost address.

In his column, The Sun's Jeremy Clarkson wrote: "If you were to send them (LACS) say, an empty envelope, they would have to pay the postage. Which means they've less to spend on their gear. Just a thought. I'm going to send a paving stone. Or a horse."

A LACS spokesman estimated the cost at £10,000, and said legal action was still being considered......

Given that no crime has been committed, bring on the lawsuit!

Queensman,

I noticed that yer post had been wiped, but not before I got my jiffy bag in the post! Best Christmas ever!

HAHAHAHA.

nice one, fek'em.

:twisted: its not big or clever
but funny as **** :p

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Seen this gem ?

Now I know there are widely varying opinions amongst the shooting public on coursing, but I thought it great that the Lettuce And Carrot Scoffers were giving a wng to... Vinnie Jones !

It was in the MSN entertainment news of all places.

Still, I must admit I'd find it very entertaining to watch a pale, spotty, dreadlocked soap-dodger wading in to sort young Vinnie out.

http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.as...ortlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252
15/1/2006 6:22:45 PM
( Source: PA)

Vinnie told to avoid coursing event
Animal rights activists have accused hard man Vinnie Jones of glamorising hare coursing and have ordered him to stay away from the National Coursing Meeting in Clonmel, Ireland, later this month.

The 40-year-old film star and former footballer confirmed last week that he will attending the three-day event, where a greyhound he co-owns ran last year. Hundreds of coursing fans from the UK are expected to travel to Clonmel because of the British ban on the sport.

But the League Against Cruel Sports, which organised a protest at a meeting in Kilkenny on Saturday, told Mr Jones to stay away.

Spokesperson Dr Jane Evans said: "It's deplorable that somebody like Vinnie Jones in the public eye should be supporting animal cruelty. His support for the cruel sport is only serving to popularise and glamorise it to others, especially young people.

Dr Evans urged Mr Jones to "think again" about supporting the Clonmel meeting, where his dog, Boavista, reached the semi-final of the Derby last year.

"He'd be better off down the pub with a few of his mates where he'd be doing no harm to anybody," Dr Evans said in Dublin.

The League Against Cruel Sports held a 50-strong demonstration against the Seamus Hughes Cup held at Sevenhouses, Kilkenny.

Mr Jones told TV3's The Brendan Courtney Show last week that he would be attending the South Tipperary event between January 30 - February 1, the highlight of the Irish coursing calendar.

The former Wimbledon and Wales player owns more than a dozen greyhounds which he regularly races in the UK. A frequent visitor to Ireland, he has Irish roots and owns a house outside Killarney.

He has previously attended a number of small coursing events in Co Clare, where he has friends in Miltown Malbay.
My bold throughout the text.

"His support for the cruel sport is only serving to popularise and glamorise it to others, especially young people"
The problem being ?

He'd be better off down the pub with a few of his mates where he'd be doing no harm to anybody,
That's it, get him tanked up then tell him what to do ! :lol:
I hope Dr Evans can self-administer first aid.

oldbaldy

LE
Met Vinnie once. Nice chap, mine you it was Aug 12 & he had a nice pair of 12 gauge with him.

Queensman said:
Before Christmas I posted a thread concerning these people, and their daft mistake by advertising a Freepost address for folk to send in donations.

The hand of God has been at work - and lo and behold, I can't find any trace of it on ARRSE! Have we a bunny-hugging MOD at large?

May I refer you to an article seen in the most recent edition of Horse & Hound (12 Jan 06), page 5:

League threatens to sue over post

A pre-Christmas Freepost fund-raising drive by the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS) is the subject of a police investigation in the wake of unwanted donations ranging from a dead squirrel to old copies of H&H.

LACS solicitors have written to The Sun and the Evening Standard, which published the Freepost address.

In his column, The Sun's Jeremy Clarkson wrote: "If you were to send them (LACS) say, an empty envelope, they would have to pay the postage. Which means they've less to spend on their gear. Just a thought. I'm going to send a paving stone. Or a horse."

A LACS spokesman estimated the cost at £10,000, and said legal action was still being considered......
You know the squirel honestly might be my doing...... I'm sorry League against cruel sports I wish I hadn't told a game keeper the adress or posted it all over the internet please don't sue me! Hah feckers severs them right I'm very pleased with the £10,00 figure. :lol:

If one wished to post an... unusual... donation to those fine upstanding chaps and chappesses, would anyone perchance have the freepost address to hand?

Anyone got a spare FV432 they don't want that we can strip down for research into postal efficiency systems only, you understand...condone such goings on? Never! Totally naughty. Bad boys and girls.

Anyway I must just drop a line of support to them for the fine job they do at:

LACS, Freepost SE 5087, London SE1 1BR

Oops. Did I click SUBMIT rather than CANCEL...? Oops again.

Cabarfeidh said:
Anyone got a spare FV432 they don't want that we can strip down for research into postal efficiency systems only, you understand...condone such goings on? Never! Totally naughty. Bad boys and girls.

Anyway I must just drop a line of support to them for the fine job they do at:

LACS, Freepost SE 5087, London SE1 1BR
B0llocks and here's me having ran out of old phone books looks like a trip down argos or (p)ikea is in order to nab some more catalogues!!! or failing that a few house bricks off the local building site!!! salad eating cnuts!!!!

I wanted to send them a crate of Bavarian rock, it don't taste nowt like Blackpool rock, but it's heavy :D

I found out that you can only send thing's from within the UK :(

Oh well not to bother, damage is done :twisted:

Toe

I 'did not' send them anything at all like last years yellow pages. or last years phone book.

And remember to place in a sturdy box with "Requested files " or "Urgent campaign material" written on - stops heavy packages being filtered out at the delivery office for inspection after a complaint, alledgedly...

DM

Anyone care to confess to wiping the original thread??

By the way I think that large parcels are now being filtered out by the post office. So theoretically if you sent lots and lots of small envelopes...........

Cutaway said:
" Lettuce And Carrot Scoffers"

Looks my renaming campaign is gaining ground

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Aviation 7
msr Current Affairs, News and Analysis 13
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2