Resttlement & ELC

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Aug 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. quick question:

can you use these together for a resettlement course ????

i know that you can use SLC with resettlement grant.

because lets face it you will get courses of feck all use with the allocated allowance from the MOD.

cheers.

2. Do you mean Enhanced learning credits? or European Computer Driving Licence?

From what I was told when I was on an education course t'other month, you cant use the two at the same time. (SLC and ELC)

3. ELC.

my mistake.

i know that you cannot use the pair of them together but can you use the ELC rather than SLC toward your resettlemnet course.

4. Yes you can as long as the provider and the course meet all the regulations for ELC and remember to get the whole thing approved before hand.

5. ELC moved the goalposts a couple of years ago making it virtually impossible for providers outside europe to continue participating yet there are some subjects that simply cannot be taught in a temperate climate...

www.divesamui.org

6. You can use both ELC and SLC on the same course as i used both on a course last year. It all comes down to course content and whethter or not the course meets the requirements of the provider as in SLC/ELC.

ELC, (also known as Elcas) you can use up to a £1000 at a time as long as it's 80% of the overall course and it qualifies you to NVQ level 3 or above, see link below. You need to register on here and provide them with the course ELCAS no (if unsure ask the course provider)

http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.com/mssql/index.html

SLC you can claim either prior to going, or on return and is claimed through your education centre. This can be used for examination fees, but must also be to certain NVQ level standard or equivilant (ask at you AEC).

No matter what course you are going on make sure your invoice from the company clearly breaks down the course costs.

Feel free to PM if you are stuck, apart from that have a good course.

P.S i used my ELC abroad but it depends if the course is recognised by ELC or not.

7. You can NOT use SLC and ELC for the same course. What some providers will do is split courses into two or more parts. You can use ELC for one and SLC for another. This will be what tt39 did.

It is absolutely vital you check beforehand. The ONLY people who can give you absolutely correct advice are at your Education Centre. The IERO or his/her clerk. The IERO or the Ed Cen OC are the ONLY people who can sign off your ELC and/or SLC forms-they don't sign-you don't get the money. If you haven't followed correct proc then they will not sign and ELCAS always check to see you have followed the correct rules.

Call you IERO clerk for details-PM me if you are unsure of your local AEC and I can tell you where to call and probably give you the number too.

8. Well excuse me for talking bollox, but that's why i said you need to break down course costs on your invoice. I went on one course NOT TWO and i used both. Like is said it all depends on the type of course you are attending and it's content, so please refrain from trying to make me sound like i'm talking shit as i have all the paperwork to back it up. I agree with you about seeking advice prior to embarking upon any course from the correct people, however the ressetlement process is long and sometimes confusing with lot's of different forms to filled etc. Even the ressetlement staff get it wrong sometimes as and when things change. In future when people are feeling generous to share info with fellow arrsers from an own point perspective (as in recently completed ressetlement), maybe you shouldn't be so quick to jump in feet first.

9. devexwarrior is dead right. You cannot use SLC and ELC for the same course. Neither can you use IRTC and ELC for the same course, although you can use SLC along with IRTC if there are exam fees involved.

He is also right to say that only the IERO (Army) or OC AEC can authorise these.

By the way, you claim ELC well in advance of paying for your course but you only register your intention to claim SLC then claim it afterwards. :D

10. Yep you're all dead right, i didn't go abroad, i didn't use my IRTC, my ELC and my SLC all for the same course, i just dream't up the whole fcukin lot.

The course cost cost £4500 approx lasted 5 weeks and it cost me about £150 out of my own pocket. You can be as pedantic as you like, tell me i'm talking bollox but i have all paperwork to prove it

11. I wasn't having a dig at you. You obviously did things correctly or you wouldn't have got paid. People tend to read what they want to see in this place -such as your opening line about using both for the same course. My point is that if you seek advice from the correct source you will get your full entitlement. The complexity of the resettlement process makes that all the more important.

12. Devex_ Quotes
    I wasn't having a dig at you. You obviously did things correctly or you wouldn't have got paid. People tend to read what they want to see in this place -such as your opening line about using both for the same course. My point is that if you seek advice from the correct source you will get your full entitlement. The complexity of the resettlement process makes that all the more important.[/quote]

like wise Dev, sorry if i sounded shirty. Maybe i should have clarified a bit more in depth , but i'll leave that to the boffins at the ressetlement centre.

Was just trying to help.