Restrepo : outpost Afghanistan

I've just stuck it on Sky + record. Thanks for the heads up.

A

amodernmilitarymother

It's on tonight:

Documentary movie on 29th november 2100hrs on National Geographic channel.

Just in case you had forgotten ;)

Many people watch this last night?

Echoing Auld-Yin's review, it is well worth a watch if you didn't catch it.

Compulsive viewing of life in a FOB/outpost. None of the camera in the face asking stupid question crap either.

Apart from when the bloke holding the camera asked the troops "Whats it like here?", "Looking forward to going home?" etc you mean?

Apart from when the bloke holding the camera asked the troops "Whats it like here?", "Looking forward to going home?" etc you mean?
You've got me there, I'll admit it.

Meant more like the programs where they're constantly asking them pointless questions to the point where you can tell the blokes are getting annoyed......how many rounds per min is this rifle, whats the advantages of a tracked vehicle etc etc

Yeah mate, I know what you mean. I enjoyed it to be fair.

Mind you I did feel that Capt Kearney was a bit keen to leave his mark,hence building the OP, and his predecessor couldnt have been too pleased watching the film and hearing his name and tour mentioned so disparagingly.

was that right what i heard on there last night, they do 15 month tours??..... if it was i shall never complain about doing 6 months again.
12-15 months.

When I was on holiday in Camp Darby, Italy (which we British are no longer allowed to do anymore, by the way) earlier this year I met a Sgt from an American transport regt who was there with his wife and kids. He was in the middle of his 14 day R&R for a 12 month tour.

A nice bloke, whom Ive kept in contact with.Finishes his tour in February 11. Shames me to think I used to moan about a summer tour in the Corimecs of Pristina.

P

PR_Totty

FYI

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL HAS BACK-TO-BACK
RATINGS RECORDS ON SUNDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT WITH
NEW SERIES WILD JUSTICE AND
SUNDANCE-WINNING DOCUMENTARY RESTREPO

Wild Justice Reaches 2.1 Mil. People P2+; Ranks 6th in Cable Sun. Night, Nov. 28
Restrepo Reaches 3.3 Mil. People P2+; Ranks 5th in Cable Mon. Night, Nov. 29

(WASHINGTON, D.C. — December 1, 2010) It was a one-two punch on Sunday and Monday night for National Geographic Channel (NGC), with ratings records for the new series Wild Justice and the winning Sundance Film Festival documentary Restrepo.

First, the launch of Wild Justice on Sunday, Nov. 28, at 10 p.m. became the highest-rated series premiere in the network’s history, averaging an HH 1.3 and P25–54 .9 and reaching 2.1 million people P2+. The episode ranked 6th in all of cable. The Wild Justice preview at 9 p.m. averaged an HH 1.1 and P25–54 .7, reaching 2.1 million people P2+. Combined, the airings at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. reached 3.2 million people P2+.

The following night, on Monday, Nov. 29, at 9 p.m., Restrepo averaged an HH 1.2 and P25–54 .9, becoming the network’s highest-rated program of the year — ranking 5th in all of cable. It reached 3.3 million people P2+; and over two airings (9 p.m. and 12 a.m.), the program reached 4.5 million people P2+.

Wild Justice, by acclaimed executive producer Thom Beers (“Deadliest Catch,” “Ice Road Truckers”), follows the real-life bravery of the California Game Wardens as they take on crimes against nature as well as illegal drugs, dangerous fugitives and urban gangsters on a beat that stretches from residential backyards to rugged backcountry. The series continues Wednesdays at 10 p.m.. For more information, go to National Geographic Channel

Restrepo is a feature-length film by award-winning photojournalist Tim Hetherington and journalist/author Sebastian Junger that chronicles the deployment of U.S. troops stationed at one of the most dangerous outposts in Afghanistan. It was the winner of the Grand Jury Prize for Documentary at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.

# # #

Had this on Pre-order for months... DVD finally arriving tomorrow, weather permitting! Can't wait to see it.

Latest Threads