Resting Heart Rate

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RoyalEngineers, Oct 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mine is 54, apparently the average is 80 and fitter people should be around 60 and 50 if you're in good condition.

That's beats per minute by the way. I got some Special Forces Endurance book thing for christmas lol and decided to take a look.

What's yours? You can check it for 10 seconds and times it by 6
  2. last time i checked it was 47 bpm. that was a while ago tho..
  3. got 60 exactly
  4. Yep just got 60
  5. Between 48 and 54 generally. Lowest I have recorded was 46 and highest 63. (Yes I do keep a log.. pass no judgement please).

I have heard that some nut case elite cyclists and swimmers have resting heart rates in the 30s.

6. last time I checked - 46
  7. We have quite a few almost dead guys here.

How 'bout deep sea divers? Like in 10's when diving.
  8. I've just checked and mine was over 120!

That was as I sat at a computer terminal, mind you I had just browsed the site
  9. STOP eating those Kebabs you!
  10. Mines 60 but a mate, who also does long distance running is 34! During a recent fitness test on the machine scale the machine ran out of levels before he reached 70% max BPM for his age!
  11. lance armstrong recorded like 27 bpm resting, so that makes everyone here look like fat old men with a heart condition.
  12. That is really crazy his fitness must be rediculously good (well, we know it is..) its strange to think that his heart only beats once every two seconds or so.

13. Bollox my pulse was 60, does heart rate differ much??
  14. Mines around 54-60bpm, not bad but it'll improve.